Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer AM

Options
  • 29-11-2007 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Anyone else under-whelmed by the new soccer AM on a saturday mornin? I'm thinkin bout stayin in bed instead. Andy just aint near as cool as Lovejoy, he's a little awkward and you just know he'd never have a chance with any of the Soccerettes!!!!

It seems to be less funny than it used to be too! Guests haven't been great either, although Ardal O' Hanlon did have some good comebacks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

Dying on its arse.

Lovejoy only barely missed. But some of the others that left with him, sheephead for one, have left a huge hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is rubbish. I have watched three thimes this series. A load of bollocks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Tim'n'Kasabian in Da Bungalow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ruddock and Jason McAteer a few months back was class I thought. I never really watch the whole show though, I tend to flick it on and off and see whats goin on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,424 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If this program was called Soccer P.M. then I might watch this, but i generally sleep on a saturday morning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think the show has just run it's course to be honest. Even with Lovejoy there last year it was looking on its last legs.

Lovejoy is a bit of a egomanical tosser but it worked on the Soccer AM format. To be honest the guys they lost in the production team (Sheephead et al) are probably the biggest loss as the jokes and sketches just aren't as good this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭clg23

they should keep the crossbar challenge - showboating - the tricks bits - and get rid of most of the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i just watch soccer am the best bits i record it on sky plus and fast forward to the bits i like best like clg23 mentioned
    i have to agree though it has gone downhill

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

They don't seem to be airing it on Sky One this season (they did for a while last series).

By the looks of things, it doesn't look like I'm missing much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

byte wrote: »
    They don't seem to be airing it on Sky One this season (they did for a while last series).

Its on Sky One alright at the same time but only since september. Ratings must have been poor for the first few shows. Needs a revamp alright but was good in its day. Topless weather was class. Are they still running that Barry Sketch??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭peejay1986

bbability wrote: »
    Are they still running that Barry Sketch??

Nah. Fenners (aka "Barry") left with Lovejoy in the summer. He was the biggest loss in my opinion, not Lovejoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

3rd Eye is about the only decent thing I can watch. Everything else makes me want to break the tv(or switch channels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

byte wrote: »
    I've watched it the last 4 weeks on Sky One. It's the only reason I watch it atm as I can't watch Sky Sports in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 delboy1981

Lost all respect for Soccer AM last year when they had a band on ( i think) called the view who couldn't have cared less about being on the show all the while having their arses kissed by Lovejoy. Surprisingly enough they hadn't much to say on football either.

Show is dead, Helen looks like she is sorry she didn't jump ship with the rest of them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

bbability wrote: »
    Its on Sky One alright at the same time but only since september. Ratings must have been poor for the first few shows. Needs a revamp alright but was good in its day. Topless weather was class. Are they still running that Barry Sketch??
    Oh, I didn't realise that!

Might watch it next Saturday to see how dire it has become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Bob in Belfast

This show used to make it worth while getting up early on a Saturday morning (even with a terrible hangover) but not anymore.The new presenter is just not funny, the whole show has totally gone down hill.

Advertisement