Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ark of Truth Promo [spoilers]

Options
  • 29-11-2007 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/11/watch_the_first_ark_of_truth_pro.shtml

saw it on gateworld, pity it was pushed back to march but im happy some scifi to fill the void after the bsg season 1 HD and before the season 4 of bsg

Looking forward to them tieing up the orai story line and im looking forward to what will come after in the following movies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

For anyone who has watched it, do you think that the person danial is talking to (Danial: The time to join this fight is now) i wonder who this could be besides maybe the Lucian Alliance, besides that i can think maybe the ashen? they had the technology to transform a gas giant into a star, why didnt they search for references to this technology in atlantis? oh ye i remember it was a temporal episode and carter retained no knowledge about it, also i assume that would **** with planet rotation so the plan actually makes no sense ?

Maybe the Nox? but they would never join a war, not the furlings? surely not? who else? who is advanced enough to help against the Orai?

oh ye i get it. The ancients

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

User45701 wrote: »
    For anyone who has watched it, do you think that the person danial is talking to (Danial: The time to join this fight is now) i wonder who this could be besides maybe the Lucian Alliance, besides that i can think maybe the ashen? they had the technology to transform a gas giant into a star, why didnt they search for references to this technology in atlantis? oh ye i remember it was a temporal episode and carter retained no knowledge about it, also i assume that would **** with planet rotation so the plan actually makes no sense ?

Maybe the Nox? but they would never join a war, not the furlings? surely not? who else? who is advanced enough to help against the Orai?

oh ye i get it. The ancients

Eh: Bubble Bursting Moment
    Daniel is speaking to an Ancient. Its a clip taken from the Season 3 episode of Atlantis where daniel speaks with the ancient that impersonates the holographic teaching device first found in Rising Part One. So technically they were looking in Atlantis for answers to fighting the Ori: that was the point of the episode (as well as to shut down the Ori Supergate).
    Its just a replayed clip. Sorry. In fact I'm sure if I could recall better, the entire promo is recycled clippings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

there is some parts with clips from the movie.

the prior that was in it at the start that really introduced the ori he has a few lines there that were not in any episode.

there were alot of clips from other episodes but a few from the movie like were daniel says in this ark contains the device to destory the ori or something like that.

i know they used alot of clips from other episodes but it stilled looked deadly and made me more excited for the films.

cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Can't Wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The amount of re-used clips in that trailer have me worried about this dvd/movie :(

• Advertisement

You're not suggesting the movie will be a clip show?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I can tell you that its not a clip show but i could perfectly understand them re-using older fight scenes (like ds9 did in there last episode)
    Because remember the 2nd movie needs money as well and they want the 2nd one to be better because if the 2nd movie is better, more chance of a 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Touch Wood. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That was the vibe I got when I saw the trailer :( Hope Im wrong and it will be done right and not just a cheep as **** pos just to screw more cash from the fanbase.

I would have argued against the possibility but after last weeks episode of Atlantis...I'm not sure.

But then again, they probably don't have any of the Sg-1 scenes from the film done yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement