Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinkpad T41 - CD or DVD drive - going spare ?

Options
  • 28-11-2007 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭

Anyone out there with a CD or DVD drive for the Thinkpad T41 ?

I'm hoping to sell the machine on, but I'd prefer not to sell it with a gaping hole in the media bay.
    I have no idea what happened to my own drive, but it's lost now and not turning up.

I'm on a budget, so buying a new drive from IBM is not a runner for me.

The machine is in good working order. I've always found the Stinkpads to be robust, so this thing may have years of use left. It would be a shame to dump it.

Any advice ? It's a T41, type 2373 from late 2004.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

shouldn't be hard to sell a t41, even without the drive

maybe you should put a wanted ad on adverts.ie for drive, or get one off ebay

i do have a new dvd rom drive (dated dec 2004 but never used) for a t40/41 bought it by mistake a few months ago. Not exactly spare since i was planning on getting a usb caddy for it... but will pm you details might or might not suit you

Advertisement