Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piano accordion - where to buy

Options
  • 28-11-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

I live in Cork and am thinking of getting my husband an accordian for christmas but have no idea where to go to buy one? are they very expensive???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

After a very quick google, I came up with: http://www.corklive.com/HickeysMusic/
    Hickeys Music

hickeys.jpgWith three branches in West Cork, including a newly opened branch in Clonakilty, Hickey's Music stores provide a wide range of CDs, tapes, videos and concert tickets.

A family run business, Hickey’s caters for all musical tastes, with everything from traditional Irish music to rock and pop in stock. A wide range of traditional music videos are also available, along with a selection of children’s movies. Both national and local concert tickets can also be purchased from any one of the Clonakilty, Bantry or Sneem stores.

Customers may also avail of a mail order service by contacting any one of the Hickey's stores listed below.

Clonakilty

Rossa Street,
    Clonakilty,
    Co Cork.
    Telephone: 023 36666

Bantry

Main Street,
    Bantry,
    West Cork.
    Telephone: 027 51666

Sneem

South Square,
    Sneem,
    Ring of Kerry
    Telephone: 064 45666

Just to refer you to the charter gubby.
    * PLEASE DON'T ask for links to tunes or sheet music unless you REALLY need them, remember Google is your best friend

This applys to requesting information that can be easily found.

I hope the info I pasted is useful, and that you get your husband something nice.

Here is a Dublin based music shop, and their pricelist for accordions.
    If you get something second hand, that might be better for starting out as he might not develop a big interest and it'd go to waste. You're lookin at anywhere from 100 to 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Silvio64

gubby wrote: »
    I live in Cork and am thinking of getting my husband an accordian for christmas but have no idea where to go to buy one? are they very expensive???

Hi Gubby.
    Well.. you can try at Crowley's Music Centre - 29 Mac Curtain Street in Cork.

Another option: there is another music shop between St. Patrick Street and Oliver Plunkett Street... I don't remember exactly... probably Robert Street or Caroline Street.

A good piano accordion is expensive. You can try to search on Ebay (Hohner) or BuyandSell.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey,

I was in Pro Musica on Oliver Plunkett St over the weekend and they seemed to have a great selection if thats any good to you. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://totalmusicsupply.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=3302

I find the site pretty good and reliable.

Advertisement