Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecstacy of Gold

Options
  • 28-11-2007 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get this track by Ennio Morricone and can't for the love of me find it anywhere. Does anyone know any compilations it might be on?

Thanks in advance

Ecstacy of Gold..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

I really love that piece of music, its beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Probably not what you're looking for, but the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra played this on Metallica's S&M album...

Here's the clip:

Its pretty much the same arrangement as in your clip above only with no choir/vocalist and loads of cheering in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Aye, I came to know the song through Metallica concerts, its their opening tune most times. I'm trying to get the original sorted though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Once Upon A Time.... The Essential Ennio Morricone Film Music Collection

At all good record stores (if there is such a thing anymore).

Amazon or itunes has it as well. Good stuff, from the inventor of the Grunt and Whistle style.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

Excellent, thanks Sandwich :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I'd say it's on the The Good, The Bad and the Ugly soundtrack as well, no?

Advertisement