Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell XPS M1530

Options
  • 28-11-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Was looking around the dell website and they have just released the m1530, that is superb news,i've the m1710 and find it a bit bulky for hauling around and the m1330 just a bit on the small side, the 15" screen is perfect for me, its slick looking like the 1330

Anyone get one of these yet or waiting to get one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

I was going to get the M1330 but this looks mighty tasty (it has Bluray unlike the M1330) so I think I might change, hope its battery is not all bulky out the back, that being the 9-cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Ye, i fear that it will be sticking out the back, got a vostro recently with same problem, shame really. i wonder can you watch normal dvds on the blu ray drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Ah I'm sure you can, them drives are all backwards compatible. I'd say a Blu Ray film on the White LED screen would be dam sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

The 1530 has a CCFL (whatever that means, i know i have it on my 1710), there was no option for white lcd??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

CCFL is the type of back light used on some lcd display or its also used in modding maybe they are using it some kind of affect on the back panel such as lights and the XPS sign same as my old M170 all the side and speaker lights where light up with LEDs so the may have changed them to CC's Now .Cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) usually also called as cold cathodes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/laptops/dell-xps-m1530-leaked-308010.php
    Word on the new Dell XPS M1530 seems to have leaked, and it looks like another step in the right direction for Dell lappies. Think of the M1530 as the skinny XPS that hits its 4lb weight by eating right and exercising, not avoiding food altogether like the waifish M1330, or gorging to near immobility in trade of strength like the sumo M1730. Expect the M1530 in early November. Hit the jump for a full stat smattering.
    * 15.40-inch display (CCFL up to 1680 x 1050, LED up to 1440 x 900)
    * Core 2 Duo options from 1.5GHz (T5250) up to 2.6GHz (T7800)
    * Crestline GM/PM 965 chipset with up to 2GB of 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    * GeForce 8400M or 8600M GS options (up to 256MB)
    * Slot-loading Blu-ray / 8x DVD±RW
    * Options for 802.11a/b/g/n, WWAN, Bluetooth
    * HDMI, VGA, 1394, ExpressCard, (3) USB 2.0, Ethernet, fingerprint reader, media reader
    * 2.0 megapixel (with CCFL) or 300k (with LED) cameras
    * Weighs about 4 pounds

The specs look good. I like the way the T7800 is an option for the processor although knowing dell it'll cost an arm and a leg to upgrade it to that.

The led backlight is nice but it's a bit of a shame that the resolution isn't any higher with that option.

Blu-ray although some people will love it, I think is kinda pointless and just adds unnecessarily to the expense.

It looks pretty good too.

dell-xps-m1530-top.jpg

Advertisement