Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording studios in Galway city and environs???

Options
  • 28-11-2007 5:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Does anyone have any idea of what there is in the way of studios in Galway.

Im looking to record but maybe also just to learn how to do simple stuff myself and cut out the middleman for now...

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I know of a studio out in the sticks near Loughrea and a studio in Spiddal village which mostly deals with trad but is supposed to be pretty good. Don't have first-hand experiences in these places though.

Learning the ropes would be a different matter however, I doubt any engineers in a normal studio would be willing to teach you something substantial as they work. You'd need to do a course or something for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Middleman?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 peegrace

I know of a studio in Spiddal, very good producer,..has produces platinum selling albums in europe, price is average, but type of music might not suit to get sound your looking for, reply for contact details..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 curtisunit

I would say that it's not a bad idea to take a/some class(es) in engineering (or at the very least read some books) and then consistently offer to intern for the studio you choose. You won't be paid most likely but it's a great way to get going! I know a guy who interned in Los Angeles at Henson and within a few years he was chief engineer. It can happen if you have passion and initiative; particularly talent!!

Dave

Advertisement