Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Statements

Options
  • 28-11-2007 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

How long nowadays will it take one to receive paper statements from AIB after ordering it via internet banking? Rang AIB and was told between 3-4 days. In a bit of urgency, to get a bank loan approved and now worries not getting it sorted before I'm off to a long year end holidays! Any idea?

Cheers,
    Marty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'd say max of a week!

But i've been using their e-Statements simply due to the fact that they issued me a 47 page statement late last year! :rolleyes:

Convinced it was just gonna leave a hole in my floor when it dropped through the letterbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

cheers basquille,

i am somehow still prefer paper documents - yeah i've been building up files in the room over the years and still doing it. not that i don't want to save the environment or save some space. ehehe.

Marty

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

It took 3 day for me to get one a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

You cabt use their e-statements as proof of address should you need it (opening CC account or other Bank account).

For that reason i will not switch to e-statements. Knowing AIB they would charge me for one paper statement after years of saving THEM money by going for e-statements.

No thanks AIB

ordered on 28-Nov.. hvn't got it yet as at today, so I am hoping it will come through the post box on Monday! :(

as for bank fees and charges, i thought it'd be free if u do online banking and one laser transaction in each quarter. i know for certain that i got the fee waives over last year by doing the above.

Marty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

They charge for once off statement requests AFAIK so if you want one for proof of address and are using e-statements, you probably would be charged. They also charge by the page for this so it depends how far you want to go back, the costs involved.

I think that is a scumbag racket. It should definitely be free for people using e-statements but I doubt it is because they are a bank and all banks are souless bas1ards that will screw you any way they can.

update : just got the statements in the mailbox today. so it took 3 working days, i'm feeling better now.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

MrVostro wrote: »

For that reason i will not switch to e-statements. Knowing AIB they would charge me for one paper statement after years of saving THEM money by going for e-statements.

I'm sure you could argue this point if you felt strong enough about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Sigh, ordered statement in branch on Nov 19th.
    No sign of it yet, I guess the postman ate it. I've asked them to re-order on but am not hopeful of seeing it.

Does anyone else find AIB nearly completely crap at everything to do with customer service? Maybe its just me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For what it's worth connundrum, one of the only reasons i stay with AIB is their customer service.

I get helpful phone calls from them yearly (maybe even twice in a year) just asking am i happy and is there anything they can help me with etc.

And even their Internet Banking staff who i phoned regarding a payment to iBOOD which i was unsure of the whereabouts due a possibly incorrect entered IBAN and they re-assured me that my money was safe and being tracked.

Very very helful.. my girlfriend has had nothing but troubles with Bank Of Ireland though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I find their customer service is appalling. No matter what you ask them to do, they only do half of it.

Its a great Internet service they have setup. That's the only reason I stay with them. Once you have to call them, they act helpful on the phone and do nothing afterwards. Even if they can do it for you while they have you on the phone it is good but once they hang up, they forget about you and your request immediately.

Its a thousand times worse if you go into your branch (I've moved branch and had the same experience with both). You fill out the forms and they are helpful when your there and then after you leave, nothing happens.

Advertisement