Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

brokern outer casing

Options
  • 27-11-2007 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi

A guy i work with had his laptop damaged. Just the outer casing i think. He is demanding another off he company it was in when it got damaged( think it was knocked off the table). Anyway, it cost over 2000 euro when he bought it and he's demanding the same proce laptop. It's causing bad blood between the two companies as they are not prepared to pay that much for a laptop that hat still works perfectly and is only damaged "cosmetically!".

I was think surel its possible to buy an outer casing for a laptop?? i dont think the laptop is still under warranty so do Sony do casings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shad0w

It would depend on the model Laptop, but I think with sony Laptops the Motherboard is integrated with the Base. Therefore it would be impossible to change the casing unless it was the screen that was Damaged....

Is there much damage? If the Laptop is still in Perfect working order I would imagine the damage to be only slight!!

If the warranty on the Laptop has expired then it must be old enough. I can understand the company not wanting to cover the full cost of the Laptop.

Your friend should contact Sony and ask them if they can repair the Cosmetic Damage and have the Company foot the Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

If the damage is superficial I think the guy needs to grow up and accept that accidents and s&*^ happens alike. What was was and will never be again so he better get used to a damaged outer shell as if it doesn't effect the everyday use of the laptop well it would seem he's just being a bit awkward.
    I could understand if this guy is the CEO of his own company but somehow I doubt he is, time to grow up and get out of the pram me thinks.
    I doubt Sony would repair case plastics on a laptop and if they were to outside of warranty it would cost a fortune as most of their repairs are outsourced to a repair centre in France as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

I can understand that they would be hard pressed to to give him a full 2000 replacement as laptop prices and specs change so fast that the company would be down . The only thing he could do if it is really doing his head in is go to ebay and see if he track down the sony casing there he might get lucky as there is a fair few of them doing their rounds then tell him to get someone who is qualifed to replace it for him . But is it really worth all that hassle because when he does go to upgrade next year or the year after then he will be lucky to get €500 for it so spending more money on something that thats working might be a bit of a waste

Advertisement