Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

steam rool in swimming pool

Options
  • 27-11-2007 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

cany anyone tell me if there is any steam rooms in swimming pools in dublin city centre/south area.I dont want to join a gym...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Try Mespill on Sussex Road, not sure of the Number, used to work there and they have a steam room, sauna and jaccuzzi. Prices are a bit high for regular use without joining, but if its only once in a while, its the Biz. Opens early in the morning, and 5-9.30 ish at night. Managers were Bart and Mary when I was there. Its hard to find because it is actually in the middle of the apartment complex, Entrance opposite the little Mercedes/Jag Garage on sussex rd, Head down the Ramp, pool building on the right, doors around the far side of it. Well kept tidy pool too. Worth a look. No parkin there though, 90 quid to get de-clamped, so don't chance it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Monkstown is a County Council-run pool with a steam-room. Pay as you go, a bit on the grotty side though. Lots of free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

Newpark swimming pool, Newtownpark Avenue, Blackrock has a steam room and sauna. Monkstown only has a sauna.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Schoolteacher

I used to be a member of this co co run pool in monkstown three years ago, but left because of the strong "poo" smell in the dressing rooms. It was some sort of floor cleaner that caused the smell. It was noxious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to be a member of this co co run pool in monkstown three years ago, but left because of the strong "poo" smell in the dressing rooms. It was some sort of floor cleaner that caused the smell. It was noxious!!

I was in their a few weeks ago, and it was fine, usual smell of chlorine, it is also known as bluepool. I thought it odd there is not mens & womens changing rooms, all little cubicles you go in. Good idea I thought, but I only saw showers outside the pool, nobody was washing, just rinsing water off, dunno if they allow soaps etc.

There was a sauna there but it wasnt on, their site says it is on during the mornings. There was a lits on the wall talking of benefits and guides, also seemed to infer you should be going in naked, dunno if it was a generic list they got or if it was an actual rule, thought it strange as it was mixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭doh777

You'd wear swimming togs in the BluePool sauna. There are also seperate ladies and gents showers. The gents to the left, ladies to the right. Ask one of the employees for directions.

Advertisement