Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing on US servers.

Options
  • 27-11-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I'm moving back home in a month and I was wondering if its possible to play on US servers from Europe? I heard this might be possible and I was wondering if any of you guys do it and what kind of pings do you get? Does it cause any issues?

I have a 70 mage, a 50 rogue and a 60 warrior and I don't fancy having to start all over again :-/.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think you can change the realmlist file in your folder to point towards the european servers, but i'm not 100% sure if its possible, or if its even allowed anymore (or ever for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

I'm moving back home in a month and I was wondering if its possible to play on US servers from Europe? I heard this might be possible and I was wondering if any of you guys do it and what kind of pings do you get? Does it cause any issues?

I have a 70 mage, a 50 rogue and a 60 warrior and I don't fancy having to start all over again :-/.

Yes this is easy to do,

In your case why not just bring your wow folder with you on a portable HDD?

It will run from the folder you dont need to install or anything.

And if thats not possible just get the game here, update to 2.3 then change your realmlist.wtf (in your game folder) to us. instead of eu.

As for pings I get roughly 80ms average on EU server and maybe 250-300 on US ones.

Its fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Yea, I plan on bringing over everything as it is right now, thats good to hear that its still possible to play though :)

250-300 isn't too bad, considering I get around 150 as it is. Cheers!

Advertisement