Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on buying a laptop

Options
  • 27-11-2007 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hiya,

I'm looking to buy a laptop for when I move to Ireland as I only have a PC at home.

Budget: in region of 800 E. (have been told I can get a laptop with WiFi for 400 but not sure how sound that advice is)

Use: internet, email, some WP, MSN, Skype, webcam - mainly for staying touch with people at home etc

Mobility: will prob not be travelling with it but would like a light one nonetheless, not sure how that fits in with the above budget.

Warranty: would like a warranty but not that bother about extended as they dont seem to be worth the paper they're written on.

Have no idea about systems and other technical stuff like that so any advice or info would be great.

Thanks in advance
    Kate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shad0w

If I were you I'd be looking at dell.ie

Go to Products/Notebooks and find the View All Promotions link.

You should find exactly what you're looking for there......

You should be looking at something like the Insprion 6400 or 1501 if you want something lightweight. You can always pick up a Webcam in another shop.

It sounds like you just want the basics, you shouldn't have to pay 800 euros for that ;)

Advertisement