Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubliners question

Options
  • 27-11-2007 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Not sure if this is correct forum but it’s pretty obscure so no obvious choice that I could see. I have a two-pronged issue:

A mate of mine mentioned that his parents were on the front of the newspaper (Irish Press) the day after a Dubliners concert in the Phoenix Park. He reckons it was in 1974 but really can’t narrow it down from 1970-1980 . Now his Mam has since passed away and he wants to get the front page framed for the ould lad as a Christmas present. I’ve had a look online but can’t find a definitive list of Dubliners gigs back then, the closest I’ve come is a patchy enough list on what claims to the official Dubliners website. Pretty obviously incomplete.

So what I’m asking (and I know it’s a long-shot!) is if there are any particularly obsessive fans out there who could shed some light on the issue, maybe regale us with a tale of that hot summers day in the 70s when the Dubliners came to town.......or even a good website as a starting point would be much appreciated....

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tazdogue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

You could always drop into Mooney's and ask auld Ronnie yerself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Your best bet is probably that website that was linked above alright.
    The Dubliners played a lot in the 70s, so narrowing it down might be hard.
    Going to the National Archives is a good idea, but be warned, even if you have the year, and month, it can take *ages* to find something. (I've personal experience on this). My biggest recommendation is to narrow it down as much as possible.

Sounds like a lovely gift. G'luck finding the info you need.

Advertisement