Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricewatch! How much do you pay for your contacts?

Options
  • 27-11-2007 2:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭

ok Im a bit premature in posting this as ive changed optician and cant remember the cost but anyway..

Basically just wanted to see what we all are paying. just give brief idea of your prescription, the lens you use, how much you pay and where you get them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

I've only started using contacts again so havn't bought online yet but this place is the cheapest I've seen,

www.yourlenses.ie

Bausch & Lomb Softlens Monthly, 51.98 euro for six months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I just switched opticians also so I dunno how much they're gonna be from now on, up till now though they've been 58e for 3 months!!

The new optician wants to try me on a different brand so hopefully they'll be cheaper then!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Ok i can finally add to this at last as i paid my new optician for the first time today.

Ok I bought 3 months supply of toric extended wear/night & day contacts today. as my precription is in a higher category (between -6 and -9) the price is slightly higher i think. It costs me €120 for 3 months.

however as i pay vision express by DD, the €40 per month includes all the solution i need, free after care & check ups and 50% off any frames in their spectacles section. It also includes free replacement of any damaged lenses, even if i damage them myself! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BreeVdK

Can buy CIBA Focus Dailies in the opticians for E135 (90 pairs) or for E90 on www.getlenses.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

i think mine are either €75 or €89 for 3 months with solution & case..

i want to get them from yourlenses.ie but i need my new prescription first.

i can't exactly ask what my new prescription is and say oh i'm buying them online coz they're cheaper can i? i'd feel so bad!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

i think mine are either €75 or €89 for 3 months with solution & case..

i want to get them from yourlenses.ie but i need my new prescription first.

i can't exactly ask what my new prescription is and say oh i'm buying them online coz they're cheaper can i? i'd feel so bad!!

I collected my new lenses from the optician last week, 190euro for six months :eek:, when I go back for my yearly check up I'll tell them thats all I want, I'll get my lenses on line and save about 100euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

75 squid for 3 months contacts (Ciba Air Optix)and solution from local optician..

Reasonable enough.

Advertisement