Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New M1710, Wifi Gone.?

Options
  • 27-11-2007 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

lads

got a m1710 for my brother, not mine anyways i am practically using it last two weeks as i havent met up yet anyhoo, yesterday the wifi just stopped, not working no more, and in the bios a wi fi card not detected.

wtf?

fct&f2 also obviously does nothing

is the card built into the mobo or a dongle?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

Contact Dell, say you want a technician out to repair / replace it. If the BIOS is not detecting it - can't be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

The card is an add in jobby located under a access panel on the under side of the of the unit.
    From what you describe the card does seem to be dead.
    Contact Dell on 1850 543 543 and uote them your service tag number from the bottom of the laptop so they can get your warranty information.
    Onc thats done explain the problem, they will get you to check bios again probably etc and do some troubleshooting but they will either send an engineer or send you the part yourself if your comfortable replacing it on your own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

well i looked under the battery place and there is no card...?:eek:

so this either magically fell out and got disconnected or someone removed it?

was working yesterday at lunch but when i got home in evening it was not...

Advertisement