Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse Touchpad not working properly [merged]

Options
  • 26-11-2007 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, have a Dell Vostro 1500 and the mouse touchpad yoke doesn't seem to be working properly, the scroll bars is the thing that doesn't work, it was working grand until the other day, now it doesn't work at all and it's getting very frustrating...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Did you un-install the synaptics driver or dell quickset? I haven't installed either of these on my laptop since I formatted and it doesn't work for me either. Which reminds me I must re-install them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

it might also be that synactics was taken out of the start-up menu.

type ms-config in the start menu and see if synaptics is selected to run at start-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

synaptics thing is there, but i did uninstall quickset before, i must get it back... Will get it later, see what happens..

I'll update then...

Hey, so my mouse touchpad isn't working 100% and i was advised to get Dell Quickset, but i can't seem to find a download of it.. I'm running Vista, can anyone help?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sorry about that dell quickset won't sort the touchpad for ya. The synaptic driver has done it for me.

Follow the instructions here to download.

• Advertisement

Merged with the thread you created last night about your touchpad. There's no need to create another thread about it.

Merged with the thread you created last night about your touchpad. There's no need to create another thread about it.

My bad, sorry... In better news, that driver download thing worked, cheers :D

dulpit wrote: »
    My bad, sorry... In better news, that driver download thing worked, cheers :D

Don't worry about it. Glad to see it worked.

Advertisement