Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How are the mini companies going?

Options
  • 26-11-2007 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

I just opened mine today. We had loads of ideas but in the end the only one that could really work was selling food like the stuff in the canteen but cheaper.

We sold 20 toasted sandwiches in about 10 minutes, probably because ours were €1.50 and the canteen's were €3 for exactly the same thing. We made about €10 on Mars & Rice Crispie Squares and ran out of soft drinks.

To be honest we really only chose to do food because we had to do something and there was a chance that we might make money but this might
    actually go really well :)

How are everyone else's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Oh lord ! Ours is terrible...... And we are not allowed to do anything with food :mad::mad: Were selling ''Exam Pencil cases'' basically filled pencil cases with essentials and an exam timetable . Were also selling Mosaic tile things :p We have to sell these things until march !

Barry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

We only have to flog our stuff at a day long trade fair in December. However, my group is selling as well at the annual ceili about a week before the trade fair. We saw some cheap glow sticks a while ago in Aldi, and decided to sell glow sticks and santa hats at the ceili. On the actual trade fair day, we are selling anything leftover from ceili, plus vinyl stickers for consoles, laptops, guitars etc[primary schools coming to trade fair as well, we are hoping to make a killing off ds stickers] , small fridge calenders, and setting up a Nintendo Wii for play during the event[charging of course].
    Its cost us[me and 2 friends in my group] about 300/400 euros, so we're working **** hard to set it all up, art work for our stall etc to make sure we don't lose much money.

Advertisement