Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie's BaBa Side

Options
  • 26-11-2007 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Barbarians
    Backs: Jason Robinson (England/Lions), Joe Rokocoko (NZ), Isoa Neivua (Fiji), Ben Cohen (England/Lions), Conrad Smith (NZ), Tom Shanklin (Wales/Lions), Ma'a Nonu (NZ), Matt Giteau (Australia), Peter Grant (Stormers/South Africa), Justin Marshall (NZ)

Forwards: Rocky Elsom (Australia), Martyn Williams (Wales/Lions), Jerry Collins (NZ), Troy Flavell (NZ), Luke Charteris (Wales), Justin Harrison (Australia), Brent Cockbain (Wales), Schalk Brits (Stormers/South Africa), Mark Regan (Eng/Lions, captain), Salesi Ma'afu (Brumbies/Australia), Federico Pucciarello (Italy), Andrew Sheridan (England/Lions)

Not bad looking.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Barbarians

Not bad looking.

true but the game was badly timed i.e no HC players involved

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What was all the noise about Brian O'Driscoll and Paul O'Connell ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

zabbo wrote: »
    What was all the noise about Brian O'Driscoll and Paul O'Connell ?

Leinster and Munster are playing each other this weekend. Wouldnt really be appropriate for them to miss this match in favour of an exhibition game. Magners league has to be important to our players and this is one of the biggest fixtures of the year.

• Advertisement

Dricco knew the fixture list when he accepted the captaincy
    Ireland's World Cup captain Brian O'Driscoll has accepted an invitation to captain the Barbarians against South Africa at Twickenham on December 1.

O'Driscoll is currently sidelined after being punched out of Ireland's World Cup warm-up game against Bayonne earlier this month, although he should regain full fitness within the next few weeks.

He said: "I have very happy memories of playing for the Baa-baas against England at Twickenham three years ago, and I look forward to returning there in December.

I thought the IRFU called the shots on that, not BOD ?

Doesn't matter now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Looking forward to this match, will be my first game in twickenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

daveirl wrote: »

I know on both points. I was simply expressing a point that it would not be appropriate for any of our players to miss a Magners League fixture in favour of an exhibition game for the Baba's would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Maybe not Leinster players, but the Magners League doesn't matter to Munster ... According to a few posters here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

who's the uncapped player in that team?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

daveirl wrote: »

really..that sucks. thought that was the best bit about the babas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

RuggieBear wrote: »
    really..that sucks. thought that was the best bit about the babas

http://www.thetimes.co.za/Sport/Article.aspx?id=640417

Looks like the following three are uncapped (No nation specified beside names in the squad list in times article)
    Salesi Ma'afu
    Schalk Brits
    Peter Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

who's the outhalf?

who's the outhalf?

Peter Grant, although Giteau could slot in there.

Bit of a shambles, Cohen & Cockbain don't even have clubs...

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Anyone know if this is being shown by anyone other than Sky Sports (live or otherwise)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Anyone got any streams for this online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

What a cracking first try. Barbarians playing with alot of joie de vivre and general verve. Obviously EOS wasn't with them long enough to strangle the life or enjoyment of the game out of 'em...:D Nonu looks particularly sharp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Damn you nonu, fantastic line then falls on his face.

Should be twenty points up by now! Ah rugby, what a cruel mistress....Giteau looks to be in fine fettle....

This game has restored my faith in competitive rugby. Just blown away at this Baa Baa's performance this is why they should be still going. One of the best matches iv seen all year. Id say O Driscoll would be kicking himself he didnt get a lick at this rather playing in the rain ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Great match! I'm enjoying players falling over randomly to no end. Players seem to be under no pressure at all, resulting in a great free flowing match.

Funkstard wrote: »
    Great match! I'm enjoying players falling over randomly to no end. Players seem to be under no pressure at all, resulting in a great free flowing match.

hahah exactly the same with me im jumping out of my seat at nearly every break wonderful stuff great rugby great match

Ive been blandering on about the pointlessness of a Barbarians match in the modern era, I take it all back, I'm a clueless moron...cracking game, rugby as it should be played. Lovely to see fellas enjoying themselves... SA marginally off the pace, but the barbarians should be 30 clear if there was any justice....great try by elsom too

Tell you what Munster got some find Pucciarello just looking at him today and last week he has a huge amount of potential hopefully he can edge out Horan as this lad manages to SUPPORT AND PASS

Stev_o wrote: »
    Tell you what Munster got some find Pucciarello just looking at him today and last week he has a huge amount of potential hopefully he can edge out Horan as this lad manages to SUPPORT AND PASS

He's been outstanding, especially the first half....think its a case of a player clinging on to his position due to reputation. He should hopefully make the position his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

You know he's been with Munster for a good while now? Interesting to see EOS make full use of the bench... a sign of things to come (and learning from past mistakes) or a brief bout of insanity from his point of view.

Advertisement