Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

touchpad, keyboard and usb not working

Options
  • 26-11-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

hi, as the title says, none of these seem to work, the only button that will work is the powere button. It seems to be a hardware problem because I can't enter the bios...anyone have any ideas about how to go about finding out what's wrong? it's an acer laptop running xp...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

JoseJones wrote: »
    hi, as the title says, none of these seem to work, the only button that will work is the powere button. It seems to be a hardware problem because I can't enter the bios...anyone have any ideas about how to go about finding out what's wrong? it's an acer laptop running xp...thanks.

depends on the type of laptop, but most have a keyboard that is easy to unscrew, disconnect and remove. So usually just get the manual, remove the keyboard as the instructions and check any relevent connection underneath.

does sound a bit like a connection problem

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

i'll take a look, but how do you explain the usb not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,163 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

JoseJones wrote: »
    i'll take a look, but how do you explain the usb not working?

well, yep i can't, but it's were i'd start looking

guess it could be a problem with the usb controller on the motherboard... which would not be good.

have you serached google for acers with similar problems, is it an old or new machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Very same problem here with an acer also. It turnes it was a faulty Battery. remove the battery and just use the mains and see if it works:)

Advertisement