Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell inpiron graphics drivers (ATi x1300 mobility)

Options
  • 26-11-2007 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm having some issues with crashes in Civ4, and I'm fairly certain they stem from out of date drivers for my 256mb ATi x1300.

The problem is, ATi direct me to dell (I understand that the mobility driver has to be tied to the monitor as well, and so ATi don't have a generic one). They scan my laptop and then refuse to allow me to DL the latest drivers.

The "latest" display driver dell have in their download section for the x1300 dates from the 2006.

I have thought of trying to find a driver for a newer ATi card, on the assumption that the drivers are the same, but hopefully newer.

Is there any solution to my problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭MjM

It depends on your OS, I presume you're using Windows XP?

You can get a driver for it here:

http://ati.amd.com/online/mobilecatalyst/

Just install it over your old one and see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Drivers are tied to vendor via inf, will only work with dell drivers unless you get a modded driver. Try the latest release here should work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

running on omega now, all systems nominal.

I just have to play a huge map with all AIs into late game on civ4 to see if things are tip top.

dxdiag is now giving my driver age at a cople of months, which is a marked improvement.

Cheers lads. for now. :p

Advertisement