Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV from Komplett

Options
  • 26-11-2007 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was advised to come to this forum seeking advice on a TV which I am thinking of purchasing but sadly I don't have a donkeys about TV specs.

I'm looking for a reliable branded TV in the 32" ball park for under €700. I found this one and I'm wondering if it's a decent price? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=339283

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

That is a great price for a 32 inch LCD TV, I bought a Philips recently for 800euro. It seems as if you pay for the brand. Sony & Samsung are very expensive and Philips are somewhere in the middle. I’d say Toshiba is a good enough brand.
    I was pricing a 26inch for my neighbor last week in Galway. They seem to be around the same price in all stores. They have a 26 inch Philips for 700 euro while the Walker & Logik are only 500 euro.
    I suppose going for the cheaper brand is a bit of a gamble although they all come with a 1 yr guarantee.
    Does anyone have any advice on this? Does the saying “you get what you pay for” come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Definitely you get what you pay for. As with a lot of LCDs watching normal TV on this will not be great. I have a 26 inch Samsung hooked up to a Sky box and the picture isnt great. My 32 inch CRT is far far better. Watching anything on a Sky box, NTL/Chorus box or even aerial wont be great.

Picture will be a lot better from a DVD using the HDMI and also a PC via VGA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Hi guys,
    I was advised to come to this forum seeking advice on a TV which I am thinking of purchasing but sadly I don't have a donkeys about TV specs.

I'm looking for a reliable branded TV in the 32" ball park for under €700. I found this one and I'm wondering if it's a decent price? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=339283

The Toshiba Regza is one of the best for Standard SD. I have to say i have the 37 inch verison and its perfect. Id recommend the Tosh. resarch it on AVFORUMS.com , as well. There are problems with all TVS in the LCD market. I am really happy with my Tosh, and id nearly by that one for bedroom if i was let :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

yeah the regzas are good,but that is ancient and is priced cheap because of that,so prob wouldnt be as good as the latest regzas.

thats a good price but for samsungs in particular komplett are a rip off,so best off looking elsewhere aswell to price check

Advertisement