Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McCluskeys Bread - what's happened??

Options
  • 26-11-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭

I always get a McCluskeys sliced nutty brown loaf as it's the best sliced bread around, IMO! ;)

But got one on Saturday and it was completely different to usual. Flatter on top, thicker slices, denser heavier texture and smelt and tasted completely different. And definately not in a good way. :eek:

I went to get another one today but could tell from the shape that it wasn't right either...

Anyone else noticed this terrible change??!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I haven't tasted the nutty brown loaf but I love their granary white and brown. They were a very small bakery and I hope they haven't gotten so big that the quality of the bread won't be as good.
    Let's hope it's just a temporary problem with that loaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

I hope so! I love all their bread, they bake it the old fashioned way whatever that is, but I DO know they don't steam it like most of the bigger bakeries do.

When I lived in Kerry anytime I was up this direction I would always buy a few of their loaves to bring back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

They are moving to a bigger bakery outside town soon....most bakieries use moderb techniques to bake quicker and cheaper, Mc Closkeys never had the modern equipment so we always got a superoir loaf...time will tell if the new place changes anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭gipi

Aaah, does that mean no more beautiful tempting smells as I head up Trinity St? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Panic over!

Got another Nutty Brown today and it's back to normal! :D

Although there was one sliced pan in amongst them and it was flat and heavy like the bad one I got. Very odd! :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement