Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Player with Co-Ax out

Options
  • 26-11-2007 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My grand uncle and aunt in Bristol have an old tv (have yet to see it but dad reckons there isnt a scart) and I'd like to go over and install a dvd player for them to use (40 euro return flights for the day)

I'm looking for a cheap dvd player that has a co-ax out like a video so I could plug it into their tv and try and tune it in?

Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

kind of, but your actually looking for an RF out.
    most (if not all) dvd players dont have these.
    a dvd recorder or vhs / dvd combo will most likely have an rf output

macrovision copy protection also means you cant generally loop a scart through a vcr.
    you will proabably need an rf modulator which will cost between 40 and 70 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Balls, the dvd recorder / dvd vhs combo would be as expensive as buying a new tv dvd combo for them!

Advertisement