Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon accident in Clare

Options
  • 26-11-2007 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anything about this?

I did not know there were any non caving Canyoners in Ireland. I also did not know you could canyon in Clare, the whole county seems far to flat for that.*

*edit. I heard some of the story it was a group of venture people.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Parts of Clare are limestone country (the burren etc) and limestone is very susceptable to erosin by water, much more so then other types of rock. so you can get caves and caverns forming and sometimes these might collapse to form exposed canyons. Thats my theory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

Parts of Clare are limestone country (the burren etc) and limestone is very susceptable to erosin by water, much more so then other types of rock. so you can get caves and caverns forming and sometimes these might collapse to form exposed canyons. Thats my theory anyway.

That might be a bit general :). I talked to someone involved. Turns out not to have been a big deal.
    Does anyone know of some good canyons in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

yeah, jackson falls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

yeah, jackson falls
    Yeah been there done that. Not really a canyon. It is 1:30 into this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S3-OcwDa1LU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ball ox

i know, im in that video with you ya tool :D

Advertisement