Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the laptop shop

Options
  • 25-11-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

just seen their advert in the sunday times, has anyone been to their shop in st stephens green, how did you find them, was just trying to get on to their site, but seems to be going through a rebuild, was thinking of treating my self to one or two new accesseries, or a new camera,

dont live in dublin and if was going to buy anything from them this would propbably be the branch i would go to, any one know what they are like for delivery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've only heard good things about them here.

One particular person, can't remember who, went in with a price he/she had seen online and they matched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

just bought an hp dv9574 from their dundrum one. can only have praise they are very good and very friendly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭light123

I did not find them that great and they don't know that much about what they are selling or didn't when I was there.

I would never buy a laptop there. You'd get better at Dell or Acer.

light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 a bald bloke

Their selection isint great on the machine front but they are'nt really anymore
    expensive than other high street retailers, good selection though of bags and
    accessories if you need to get stuff quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 p_kavo01

I work there and would be happy to answer any questions you have on our shop.
    MOD EDIT :
    if you need some advertising space boards.ie will gladly come to some arrangement with you and your company , but it is against forum polices to advertise your shop in anyway .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

tom dunne wrote:
    One particular person, can't remember who, went in with a price he/she had seen online and they matched it.
    p_kavo01 wrote:
    I work there and would be happy to answer any questions you have on our shop.

p_kavo01, would you match the price of a laptop from laptopsdirect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 p_kavo01

Send me an email with the laptop you need and il get back to you straight away. <snip>

MOD EDIT: Please don't post up your email address. This is never a good idea. Either ask for the link to be posted on thread or ask for it via pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

p_kavo01 wrote:
    Send an email with the laptop you need and il get back to you straight away.

PM sent.........check your inbox!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

The staff seem decent enough in their new Omni branch although some of their stuff seems a bit pricey - that said, no more than most high-street prices.

I think I saw a 1gig SD card in there for mad money, for example - just after I had ordered a 2gig SDmini with SD adaptor online for about €15-€20!

Advertisement