Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 November programme - TG takes on BL!

Options
  • 25-11-2007 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml
    We pay homage to British Leyland, which at one time was the largest car manufacturer in the UK - well, at least during the brief periods when its workforce wasn't on strike.

Jeremy, Richard and James will be forking out for some used models from the infamous brand, before subjecting them to a series of tests designed to find out if they still have that special BL magic.

Should be fun. If they can get any cars to run that is.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had to dry my eyes during the final test tonight, great programme.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

good good,looking forward to watching it on sky plus

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

two guesses what i did and done this sunday? - i fecking forgot about it again :( sounds like a great episode. i'm going to have to invest in a skyplus box, as this is getting rediculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I loved that Clarkson kept trying to cheat, firstly with the handbrake, and then with adjusting the steering wheel lol.
    and WELL done Jennifer Saunders :)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

just download it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭Trampas

Cremo wrote: »
    two guesses what i did and done this sunday? - i fecking forgot about it again :( sounds like a great episode. i'm going to have to invest in a skyplus box, as this is getting rediculous

Its repeated on Wednesday I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

It's a shame though they had to somewhat destroy these now rare classics. There can't be too many Austin Princess' left in the world.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

gotta say they can be some funny feckers, I was cracking up at tonights show. as mentioned above it is repeated weds at 7 I think..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Top notch episode tonight, this is one of the best seasons ever

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

I was nearly in tears watching Clarkson try to get the Rover up that hill, then again on the bumpy road with the door falling off.

Cracking episode

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fantastic episode!! As per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Brilliant! Couldn't stop laughing when the doors were flying off the Rover haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

very funny as usual. The Aston Martin and Jennifer Saunders were well worth watching too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

The aston martin was savage,but i have to say the episode itself was bloody hilarious,clarkson stickin his finger in May's breathing pipe,and as said before the doors falling off classic stuff really is one of the best if not the best shows on tv this year

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

It was a cracking show late night, think ill be tuning in again on wed for the repeat and a good laugh again, its comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Great show last night, the water test and the door falling off were very funny!!

Well done jennifer saunders too!!

Roll on Wednesday for the repeat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Splendid ep again; great season thus far, can't think of an ep I was let down by :)

As much as I loved the AM, I tire of JCs praise for them; course I'd have one in a heartbeat but I wouldn't spend £50k more on a sports version...
    May hasn't won a challenge before has he? 4 long lean years if he hasn't

Pld tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Another classic episode

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

was a very good episode

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Using the car's noises to play Pink floyd had me pretty impressed.

• Advertisement

Sad to say I actually recognised Money before it mixed into the soundtrack. That was proberly Mays idea.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah i recognized that too, was pleasantly surprised/chuffed with myself when the music came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Brilliant episode. Liked how they kept crashing into James May's car. When the door fell off and all the water flew out of it I nearly pissed myself.
    kaimera wrote: »
    May hasn't won a challenge before has he? 4 long lean years if he hasn't
    He has. The first time they turned the cars into boats. He won that and there was definately another I can't think of right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

more brilliance from the guys.

really they should dump the sports car tests and star in a car and concentrate on the stupid challenges. After they did the first part of the BL challenge I was just waiting for the second part - their rendition of "Money" was hilarious.

they seemed to have a lot more people than usual in the studio this week as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I thought JC won that challenge? :confused:

Must rewatch them to be sure but I'll take your word :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kaimera wrote: »
    I thought JC won that challenge? :confused:

Must rewatch them to be sure but I'll take your word :)

Look at episode 69 on this page :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Just watched the repeat as I was out of the country on Sunday, and I nearly fell off the bed laughing. Excellent episode! The challenges were so funny. The water test was so imaginative and well done to May's car for holding up so well. A neighbour of mine had one of those BL Princess cars for about 20 years and it was still going up until 3 years ago.

Oh and wrt May's winning record, didnt he beat Jeremy in one of the Winter Olympic challenges - the one where they had to race the 4x4's through the Norwegian forest and do the target shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I missed last weeks episode and want to try and get it somewhere. Any suggestions as to where though?
    I have tried finalgear.com and I cant get it to work right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Nightwish wrote: »
    Just watched the repeat as I was out of the country on Sunday, and I nearly fell off the bed laughing. Excellent episode! The challenges were so funny. The water test was so imaginative and well done to May's car for holding up so well. A neighbour of mine had one of those BL Princess cars for about 20 years and it was still going up until 3 years ago.

Oh and wrt May's winning record, didnt he beat Jeremy in one of the Winter Olympic challenges - the one where they had to race the 4x4's through the Norwegian forest and do the target shooting.

He also won the amphibious vehicles challenge when Clarkson turned the 'Toybota' upside down, right at the end .

• Advertisement

Do you have digital cable or satellite? If so keep an eye on DAVE they'll show it in the next few weeks.

Mike.

Advertisement