Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod HD problem.

Options
  • 25-11-2007 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,
    A couple days ago my 4G monochrome iPod starting making clicking noises, and sometimes getting the sad iPod, so I figured that my hard drive was dead. I picked up my ipod yesterday and it turned on!

It looked like all was going well, so I put it into diagnostic mode and ran a HDD scan. It failed the scan, but once I started up the ipod normally I found out that all my songs were gone

So when I connected it to my computer, it said that my iPod contained 6.32GB of "other" (I have exactly 6.32 GB of music btw).
    So I tried transferring all my music over again, but I still have no songs, and iTunes is telling me that I now have 12.68GB of "other" on my iPod

And this is what happens when i try to restore:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/dmullarkey/ipod.jpg

Has anyone ever had this problem before, or does anyone have a solution to it?

Only good thing I can see from this is that I could get an 80GB iPod Classic for christmas.:D
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Can you fix the link to the picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Sorry, just copied the post from another site:o

Here's the link:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/dmullarkey/ipod.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What version of iTunes are you using?
    Did you get any option when you clicked on Restore? Which did you choose, if you did?
    Is the ipod service running? (check: start - run - services.msc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

Hmm, the problem seems to be fixed, I clicked the restore button in iTunes rather than using the iPod updater. Thanks for the help.:)

Advertisement