Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play dvd files from hard drive to tv

Options
  • 24-11-2007 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

I have copied a lot of my dvds to my mac using mactheripper (the full files, not rips to mpeg4 or divx or whatever). I can watch them on the mac using matinee.

I would like to transfer the avis to a hard disk and then play them on my TV... Does anyone know if that is possible?

If not is there a way of playing from the mac using airport or appletv or some such? I'm looking for an easy solution that maintains the DVD quality. Is there a mac equivalent of GB-TVR?

If I rip the files to DivXs is there a DVD player that will connect directly to the hard drive?

A lot of questions I know... and I have one more... is this the right forum for this question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Well, putting the files on a hard drive will just store them there. You need something to play them from the hard drive too... I'm assuming here that you don't want to play them from the Mac to the TV using a cable from the Mac? The Apple TV should do that - I thought that was the whole point of it, but you may have to convert them from raw DVD rips. Using a high bitrate for the conversion will maintain your quality so you shouldnt see the difference between the DVD and the converted file.

Advertisement