Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Illustrated subscription rip off....any ideas?

Options
  • 24-11-2007 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭

SI is a great mag and having spent the last couple of weeks in the US I read a fair few (my friend has a subscription). As a Boston sports fan the last few editions have been heaven.

Heres the problem.

Subs in the USA is around $40......for the rest of the world (inc Ireland) its $317 :eek::eek::eek:

Is anyone out there getting it cheper some other way....if so can you enlighten me.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Would Borders stock it? Maybe they'd get it in cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Would Borders stock it? Maybe they'd get it in cheaper.

Thanks Joe I'll check it out but a trip up to Blanch every week would be a pain hence trying to look at getting it delivered. Am going to try my local Easons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah and if they don't stock it make sure you ask if they could get it in and how much it might cost, it might be easy to get in if they already get other publications from the same publishers. Let me know how you go, wouldn't mind subscribing myself.

PS = Where do you get those images like the one in your sig?

I checked out my local Easons and they dont do any customer orders of magazines at all :eek:

The sig thingy is called a userbar......just google it and there are loads out there...free.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Could your american friend get another sub and post them over maybe?? postage might be around 15 dollars per episode.. You could buy individual episodes on ebay but may be a little expensive.. Just bought the ALCS and World Series programmes on Ebay and cost about 30 euro in total inc postage. Both have over 200 pages, nice read and nice souvenir..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 longfordladn

Dont know if youve seen this but i found it at a website called fashon.ie. It says a years subscription is only $39.95 down from $223.44. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 longfordladn

This is an affiliate link to Ammazon dot com and they do not sell magazine subscriptions to any country outside the USA. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement