Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US account

Options
  • 24-11-2007 5:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. I've been playing on a US trial account (on an EU account install w/ realmlist.wtf altered ofc) for the past 4 days. I went to buy the game, but there is no option in sight. It asks for an retail copy CD-KEY, which is impossible for me to get without getting one of my US guildmates to buy me a copy. There has to be another, easier way to obtain a US account, and surely a few of ye have US accounts and play on EU installs...

I remember a website was posted here a while back selling WOW US CD KEYS. Info on that, or anything else would be greatly appreciated, and a I'll buy you a pint in Orgrimmar sometime if I get this working! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Ebay? Cdwow? order online can't think of anything else yet too early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Thanks, I am aware of ordering it online. But I was hopeful on getting a CD over the internet, without having to wait for the delivery etc.

I just looked it up on CD WOW! both .ie and .com ...
    This game can only play on the EU server.

As for eBay, I dont now. Ive always been sceptical about not buying it off of a retailer (sorry adverts.ie :P ).

I just looked this up

http://cgi.ebay.ie/WORLD-OF-WARCRAFT-BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-US-VERSION_W0QQitemZ120187316042QQihZ002QQcategoryZ106453QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem

Well if thats the only way I can get my US account, so be it unless someone else has another suggeston? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I did this in reverse, back in the day when I didn't realise there was a european setup I downloaded the US version, but changed the file to login to european servers.

unless something has changed I'd recommend you get the US version. Every patch would cause problems and I'd have to run the repair tool from time to time also. you may aswell get it if you plan to play on US servers.

as for your key problem, I had this also with burning crusade, Didn't want to risk an online purchase so eventually got a boxed version.

If you've a trustworth guildmate ask him to purchase you a boxed version and let you know what the key is. Or if someone here has succesfully used a site to buy an online key then at least you'd know you had a reliable source. (which in essence is what you're asking :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

DarthWraak wrote: »
    Hey guys. I've been playing on a US trial account (on an EU account install w/ realmlist.wtf altered ofc) for the past 4 days. I went to buy the game, but there is no option in sight. It asks for an retail copy CD-KEY, which is impossible for me to get without getting one of my US guildmates to buy me a copy. There has to be another, easier way to obtain a US account, and surely a few of ye have US accounts and play on EU installs...

I remember a website was posted here a while back selling WOW US CD KEYS. Info on that, or anything else would be greatly appreciated, and a I'll buy you a pint in Orgrimmar sometime if I get this working! ;)

Shatteredcrystal.com - Have purchased numerous keys from them. Very fast and reliable.

And there are no real issues with patching as long as you edit the realmlist.wtf before you patch.

Dont let the game download the patch, get it from one of the patch mirrors on wowwiki.

Patch it as EnGB and then when it is up to date you can change your Realm list back to the US one,

Been doing this for years now as I have accounts on both servers but the same install folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

DarthWraak wrote: »

You can buy a CD Key on Ebay and download an ISO of the game all sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Thanks for the replys guys. I had a look at Shatteredcrystal.com and was about to buy the key there... But a mate from the US offered to buy me the retail one. Just bad timing I guess, but I'll be using Shatteredcrystal in future me thinks.

It is a bit daft that you can't buy an account off of Blizzard, like you can with every other MMO out there =/
    I guess they don't like people getting accounts in different continents, or they want to remain someplace in the retail charts, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

aye, I reckon it's to cover their costs regarding CD pressing, packaging and shipping to get the boxed versions out there.

retail charts could be another too, and of course the good aul "queueing all night" news stories for new releases/expansions. Personally I love them they always get some uber hardcore nut to interview. ahh classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ah if i had seen this sooner i could have sorted you out with cd's and an account.

Played in the US before it was released over here.

Advertisement