Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me out!

Options
  • 24-11-2007 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, as you might be aware my Archos 404 got itself broke a while back, still not repaired... Originally I knew i had insurance (it was covered by house insurance) but i was told there was a big excess charge (like €125) but my mother was onto them the other day, seemingly they'll waive it or something...

So my options now are:
    1. Get the 404 repaired for €90 (which i can claim back)
    2. Get the 404 returned as is, and claim for a broken mp3 player (i get my €239 back) and get something new instead...

The thing is i have the dvr station for my 404, so it's kinda a waste to not use it... Although the 404 does work (just can't see screen well) so i could just use it at home...

I have no idea what to do, help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Get it returned as is and get the 239 notes back. Get your hands on a new player and you can give me the dvr station ;)

Was goin' to say get this but I think you may need a different dvr station.

If you were happy with the 404 before it got buggered, you could always buy another one and have a few pints outta the change :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I dunno... I reckon it could work out better to get money back, get my player back from archos (broken) and buy a new player... Maybe not an archos (after the terrible experience i've had with them with customer service) something different, but i could use the 404 at home with the dvr station...

Any ideas as to a decent replacement? Similar size to the 404... (or smaller, but not bigger)

Advertisement