Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire Actors in "The Corner"

Options
  • 24-11-2007 12:09am
    Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭

Bought the "The Corner" on DVD. Great 6 part mini-series from the creators of the Wire.
    Anyway it's cool spotting Wire actors in it.
    Frimon plays the "drug dealer with a heart", The lady vice-principal of the school in season 4 plays the boss at a Shrimp factory, Proposition Joe is a shoe salesman!, The fat, white homicide cop (I forget his name) is a junk man, Det. Leander Sydnor plays a friend of the lead, there was one more I can't think of that I spotted.

Any Wire fans should definitely check it out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still haven't gotten around to finishing 'The Wire' - only got about a third of the way through the first season so must get it for over Christmas.

Anyways.. that's besides the point. Regarding above, just reading a topic elsewhere about this and here's 3 screenshots from 'The Corner' with actors from 'The Wire':

picture3tk8.png

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Daniels!! That was it!
    He was playing a scumbag recovering alco.

Orlando from season 1 was in it too. Playing your one's brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Jay Ru

Wasn't Daniels wife in the wire a junkie in it to? another program with a few actors from The Wire is "The Killing Point" an 8 part mini series. Omar, Bodie, Avon's sister, and Bubbles white junkie friend who was found dead in Hamsterdam. Theres a few more but i can't think now.

Daniels' wife was in it, yeah. Not sure if she was a junkie thought, just remember her being really stingy with her cigarettes.
    Bubble's white friend is in all Larry Clark's movies, well his two most famous ones - Kids and Bully. I actually thought he was ****e in them but I liked him in the Wire.
    Was watching the Sopranos there and Omar pops up in the series 3 finale.

• Advertisement

i was watching series one of the sapranos during the week and Bodie showed up to help Christophers mate steal a truck thats protected by Jnr.

bodie also appear in a tupac video, I think its the track wit the elton john sample.

Bodie was something like 30 in his last season of the Wire.

according to imdb his d.o.b. is 22 May 1978, which makes him 30 next year. his character was ment to be in his early 20 from what i can gather. oh well its not the first american tv show to use older actors to play younger characters. Luke Perry comes to mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Jay Ru wrote: »
    i was watching series one of the sapranos during the week and Bodie showed up to help Christophers mate steal a truck thats protected by Jnr.
    Are you sure? I know they're two black guys but I don't remember one of them being Bodie? Did he have any lines? :confused:

Is there any shops that sell 'The Corner'? Xtravision only have 'The Wire'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I don't think the Corner was released as a Region 2 dvd,so it definatly wouldn't be in shops. You would have to have a multi-region dvd player and buy it Region 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

K4t wrote: »
    Are you sure? I know they're two black guys but I don't remember one of them being Bodie? Did he have any lines? :confused:

He accidently shot a truck driver he was hijacking with Chris` junkie friend Brendan.

Actually I never saw him in anything where he wasnt playing a crook, he is in another with that Latino female r&b singer who did that Uh Oh song with Busta Rhymes. Oz as well.

I thought The Corner was great, but The Wire is very average and hugely overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

shane86 wrote: »
    I thought The Corner was great, but The Wire is very average and hugely overrated.

Ye ok...matter of opinion I suppose but the Wire is probably the best tv show ever made and far better than the corner,which I did like,but didn't grip me as much as the wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

according to imdb his d.o.b. is 22 May 1978, which makes him 30 next year. his character was ment to be in his early 20 from what i can gather. oh well its not the first american tv show to use older actors to play younger characters. Luke Perry comes to mind!
    Bodie also in Sex and the City!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

tvnutz wrote: »
    I don't think the Corner was released as a Region 2 dvd,so it definatly wouldn't be in shops. You would have to have a multi-region dvd player and buy it Region 1.
    HMV (the one on Henry st anyway) actually stock it now for 29.99e

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Wow he seriously doesnt look that old:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

tvnutz wrote: »
    Ye ok...matter of opinion I suppose but the Wire is probably the best tv show ever made and far better than the corner,which I did like,but didn't grip me as much as the wire.

Most certainly agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

You guys suck at identifying actors from other shows. :pac: Only on episode 2 and have noticed the following that I don't think anyone else mentioned; one of the guys playing Basketball is the
    undercover cop from The Wire who busted Orlando and Kima
    knew from back in the day. The guy who drove for
    Clay Davis and was caught with the money is one of the addicts,
    , and the guy who
    was Carcetti's assistant
    plays another one of the addicts. Also I'm fairly sure the white cop who
    brings in DeAndre was
    a cop in The Wire as well. I know he was a cop in something almost sure it was The Wire.

Spotting people who have been in other things is probably my best talent. On Saturday night I was watching a film drunk and spotted that one of the people looking to buy a house (she was on screen for maybe ten seconds) was the chick behind the counter in the liquor store in Superbad. Just too damn good. :pac:
    Sorry for the resurrecting of the thread, just thought it was better than starting a new one.

EDIT: Just looking again, fairly sure that the third cop who comes in when DeAndre is in the station was one of Royce's assistants. Also fairly sure I spotted that cop who in The Wire broke that kid's fingers.
    EDIT: Savino's in it as well.
    EDIT: Yer one who plays (I think) the vice principal in The Wire is the one tellin
    DeAndre what to do at the Crab Factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Dennis Mello (Jay Landsman) appears,
    So does oficer Bobby Brown??

Also the real life De Andre Mccullagh is in the Wire as Bro Mouzounes Muscle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Was 'The Corner' shown on HBO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was 'The Corner' shown on HBO?
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Ah the aul Wire actors are ten a penny about the place these days..

Frank Sobotka from season 2 is in True Blood now, Omar was in Gone Baby Gone and I saw Stringer in something the other day but can't remember what it was, was a film though, its wrecking my head!!!

Off-topic, Sookie's brother in True Blood was some lifesaver dude in Home and Away years ago, had to google it to find him, but it's him alright.Funny, there is life after home and away:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shake0128

who ive seen so far

lester freamon
    marla daniels
    jay landsman
    damien price "dede"
    cedric daniels
    orlando
    sydner
    the undercover who busts orlando in season one
    the white cop from season 5 who freaks out about not having overtime
    bugs daddy from season 4