Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT blues

Options
  • 23-11-2007 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭

From yesterdays Daily mail

He is by no means the first telephone caller to a company to feel the blood pressure rising as efforts to make Human contact are thwarted .But he did come up with a novel responce .For six months Patrick Askins spoke to BT's automated message systems, pressed various numbers to move on to the next level of electronic time - wasting and found -on the rare occasion he did encounter a human voice -that it as in a call centre in india and couldent help .Then, in a final frenzy of frustration after all his eforts to settle a phone bil query had failed ,he hit upon the solution -You tube .
    Sure enough ,a scathing clip of him complaining about his treatment and posted on the internet video -sharing site has shamed BT into a personal reply on behalf of chairman Sis Christofor Bland

The matter was resolved and the outstanding bill of £199,00 was refunded to mr Askins .We have all being there at some time be it with a british or irish company .http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5kN_duPiiz8

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Wow - he made a youtube video where he vented on an issue that was annoying him, in the vein hope that someone relevant might watch it and do something about it.

How unique.

(moved to AH).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

excellent idea! and yeah he's dead right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Its fairly impressive that it worked, I wouldn't have thought they cared. Off to make an anti NTL video now!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'll be surprised how many marketing departments spend time googling the company. When a thread giving out about a company appears here, often a marketing bod will appear within a week to talk about it.

I would imagine they search youtube specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It's a well made video, he's composed and articulate and I think would influence your middle of the road BT customer. If it had been some ranting 20-something year old I don't think there would have been a response.

• Advertisement

It reminds me of this guy trying to cancel his AOL account

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fair play to him. Maybe I should set up a space on youtube for people to talk about how sh1T NTL are.

Advertisement