Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i get a cheap laptop bag ?Also is backpack or ladies handbag style better ?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Would a backpack laptop bag be risky

could someone grab the laptop out of it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive got a backpack. when the laptop is in it, its got a velcro cover around the laptop, and its thick padding. then there is a zip. and when the zip is closed, i put a small mini padlock on it for extra re-assurance.

never had a prob yet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I prefer the backpack style myself. It's a lot easier to lug around in my opinion. It would be pretty hard to grab a laptop out of a back pack. You would notice the person opening the bag and trying to take it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was actually gonna ask this myself but looks like lucozader beat me to it.

I am looking to get a backpack style one, i have the one that came with the Dell (over the shoulder yoke) which kills my shoulder... The thing I wonder is how big are the regular backpack type bags? Like is there much space in them with the laptop in it?

Any recommendations? And links to where you you would buy it...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

dulpit wrote: »
    I was actually gonna ask this myself but looks like lucozader beat me to it.

I am looking to get a backpack style one, i have the one that came with the Dell (over the shoulder yoke) which kills my shoulder... The thing I wonder is how big are the regular backpack type bags? Like is there much space in them with the laptop in it?

Any recommendations? And links to where you you would buy it...

Mine has loads of space in it. It fits my laptop, the brick for powering it via mains and books, refill pads for college. I've also had two 3.5" externals and the power cables for them too in it once but it weighed a ton. Most of them would fit the laptop and a few other things I'd say.

Elara do laptop bags.

http://elara.ie/products/noteacc.asp?1P2ID=314&ECatID1=6488013214&Desc1=Notebook+carrying+backpack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Backpack is loads of room. I've had my notebook, power supply, 4 litres of Coke, paperback book, work tools, electric razor, cables, power supplies for MP3 players, HD's and so on. As Almighty Cushion said, it weighs a ton but it all fits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you only getting in & out of car between home and office then briefcase style. (fits in boot or behind seat better). I had one once that took the canon BJC85 printer as well as laptop.

If you walking anywhere, at college, travelling a lot etc, then backpack.

If it's a desktop replacement model, 17" or 19" you may want either style of case to have wheels and a handle. If yoy cart a lot around fitting your own foam layers to a medium size wheely handle hard suitcase may be the solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

watty wrote: »
    If it's a desktop replacement model, 17" or 19" you may want either style of case to have wheels and a handle. If yoy cart a lot around fitting your own foam layers to a medium size wheely handle hard suitcase may be the solution.

good idea, but you'd look like some tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

lol

backpack for my xps i had also, noone was the wiser;) to the beast i had inside the bag........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Any particular brand of backpack any good?? Something that's not liable to fall apart in 5 minutes...

dulpit wrote: »
    Any particular brand of backpack any good?? Something that's not liable to fall apart in 5 minutes...

The one I have is a HP one (I don't know if they make it, but it has got their logo on it) and it seems pretty strong to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement