Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Advice

Options
  • 22-11-2007 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

I'm considering getting a new laptop, would these specs be sufficient for running Vista and any other games/programs that I might want to run? It's a Dell Inspiron 1520:

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T7250 (2.00 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz FSB)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium - English
    1 Year Base Warranty - Collect & Return
    Jet Black Colour with Matte Finish & 2.0mp camera
    15.4" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT Display with TrueLife
    2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x1024]
    250GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
    nVidia® GeForce™ Go 8600M GT with 256MB DDR2 dedicated graphic memory
    Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)

Also, is Vista really all that great or should I just stick with XP?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That will run vista really nicely. Did you upgrade the hard drive? If so how much did it cost for the upgrade? Also if it's costing more than €860, how would you like to save 10%? See here for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

very nice laptop! :) good specs and solid build.
    will handle a lot of new games with ease

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭stev2604

That will run vista really nicely. Did you upgrade the hard drive? If so how much did it cost for the upgrade? Also if it's costing more than €860, how would you like to save 10%? See here for more details.

I think its a deal from Dell at the moment, where you get a free upgrade from 160GB to 250GB. And thanks a million for that link, much appreciated!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

stev2604 wrote: »
    I think its a deal from Dell at the moment, where you get a free upgrade from 160GB to 250GB. And thanks a million for that link, much appreciated!

I thought it was a 160GB and you were paying to upgrade to 250GB in which case it would most likely be a bit of a rip off.

About the link, make sure you use the link in the post and not the voucher number. If you use the link it shows dell the amount of sales this generates and it may mean we can get better offers in the future. Also post in that thread what you are buying as it gives the admins here a bit of feedback on the offer.

Advertisement