Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F-barrels and F-connectors

Options
  • 22-11-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm doing a bit of a cabling/networking job at the moment and I'm looking to buy a relatively large amount of f-barrels and CT100 f-connectors. Looking for a box of 100 of each. Need that many as I've pulled the coax and the cat 6 all back to a comms press where I'm putting my patch panel and hopefully homemade coax patch panel made using the f-barrels. I'm also planning on using the f-barrels to make the outlet sockets, by boring network socket blanks an having one integrated networking/coax outlet.

A few places seem to do them in singles, but with prices that for that quantity would be very high. I've a sister in the UK at the moment who's driving home shortly and I was thinking of getting her to get them off satcure.co.uk. Satcure works out at £18 for a box of 100 f-connectors and £20 for a box 100 f-barrels, before vat and delivery.

I was just wondering did anyone know of a cheaper local option.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Satcure price isn't bad.

Maybe try Donberg, Maplin, Peats, etc?
    Donberg have 100 F connectors for €22.07 +VAT. 42 cent for 5x F couplers.
    http://www.donberg.ie/descript/c/conn_fc-002.htm
    http://www.donberg.ie/descript/f/f-conn_2_100.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dahak

Thanks byte, those links to Doberg were exactly what I was looking for.
    I forgot to even to look at their site.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Darth Maul

remember Donberg's prices you need to factor in VAT and delivery
    BTW has anyone used them as they are actually quite close to me and do they allow collection??

ebay link for plugs

works out at about €7 plus €6 postage for 100 so about €13

ebay link for couplers

€18 plus €6 postage so €24 for 100 couplers

Seems like an awful lot of joins for a single job.

just reminds me that I could do with restocking on both myself

Darth Maul thanks for the ebay links, will have to do up all the figures and see who works out the best overall. I need another few bits as well so that adds a few extra variables to the equation.

It seems like a lot of joins and couplers for a singe jobs doesn't it :-)
    I'll have 12 faceplates wired up each with two coax outlets. Between the faceplates, coax patch panel other bits and pieces the number of f-barrels and f-connectors starts adding up fast!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Darth Maul wrote: »
    remember Donberg's prices you need to factor in VAT and delivery
    BTW has anyone used them as they are actually quite close to me and do they allow collection??
    At work, Donberg are used regularly for electronics components. Never any problems. Worth making sure the items are in stock first though, if you're in a rush.

I can't see any reason why they won't allow for collection. It'll save them the bother of packaging and posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Connectix do an F-plug 24 port 1U patch panel, it is just a panel with holes in it though - you have to supply the barrels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

Make sure you get the correct plugs for the cable. Are you certain it's CT100? That hasn't been manufactured since Raydex was bought out a couple of years ago.

See Satcure notes about F plugs: http://www.satcure.com/accs/page7.htm#fconn

Make sure you get the correct plugs for the cable. Are you certain it's CT100? That hasn't been manufactured since Raydex was bought out a couple of years ago.

See Satcure notes about F plugs: http://www.satcure.com/accs/page7.htm#fconn

I saw that on Satcure as well, the cable has 'CT-100 Digital Cable' stamped on it every so often, and is copper on copper. If it's not the original CT-100, I'm assuming that it's the equivalent spec. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digital Cable??

Must be some sort of macro quantum effect :)

If cable has dryjoints on connectors or cracks, it's digital because below a threshold you get nothing and above it you get something.

watty wrote: »
    Digital Cable??

Must be some sort of macro quantum effect :)

If cable has dryjoints on connectors or cracks, it's digital because below a threshold you get nothing and above it you get something.

Does that mean that I can cut the cable, leave the half connected to LNB there and move the other half to the US and the person in the US would have the free to air channels... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Only if the inner core is a Quantum String of entangled Photons :D

Advertisement