Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fujitsu Siemens V5515

Options
  • 22-11-2007 4:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Just purchased my first ever laptop from Dabs.ie...Fujitsu Siemens V5515 Duo 2 120 DVDRW XPP/VB...€653.10

I have been searching for reviews online and cant find any. I had a techie friend look at it (online) for me and she reckons it okay. Does anyone have on of these?

Sue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Suebh wrote: »
    Just purchased my first ever laptop from Dabs.ie...Fujitsu Siemens V5515 Duo 2 120 DVDRW XPP/VB...€653.10

I have been searching for reviews online and cant find any. I had a techie friend look at it (online) for me and she reckons it okay. Does anyone have on of these?

Sue

Women...in computers....that'll never work!
    Jesting aside I don't know that it was great value, for the price you paid you could have got an equivalent...wait for it...Dell Vostro with better spec's, should've gone to Bargain Alerts forum and had a look at the Daily Dell Laptop deals thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Suebh

How do you know I am not a man named Sue...anyhow I made a choice not to go to dell (on advise from techie), not saying Dell is not good, just that you have to get everything else from there too. Let see how it goes, I will let ye know as I should have it tomorrow

Sue

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cfriel2002

should have it tomorrow... that's a good differentiator from Dell :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

mr sue, whats the full specs on it?
    or show us a link to the laptop on dabs nd we can tell you if its good for the money

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Suebh wrote: »

looks like a great laptop. not bad for the price either.

good specs and all. i wouldnt say no

10 days after ordering instead of 3-4 are promised, although 10 days still not bad.Its look lovely, keypad nice, screen good etc but it came loaded with Vista even though its listed as XP, not a big problem though as an XP disc was enclosed for me to 'downgrade'lol. I also purchased a wireless router which seems to load and connect but I can then no longer get net access on desktop even though it says tis connected. Oh my head was/is cabbaged lol. Also it seems that the laptop requires that the wireless ability is turned on, no problem one would think accept I cannot find where to turn it on. It says either with a switich (somewhere on lappie) or with F command sequence (but doesnt say which ones). Now thing is, I am not hugely techie but I can follow instructions if there were any!! No manual with laptop and very vague instructions with router. I have brought lappie to work with me to see if any of my colleagues can see where this switch is. I googled the switch and found another person asking how to turn wireless on and reply was it is above keyboard but the only switch above my keyboard is the on/off. If anyone knows I would really appreciate letting me know (although that doesnt resolve why desktop wont access net)

Regards

Sue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Trying to find a picture of that laptop up close is pretty tricky, I'd imagine its a key combination , something like FN + F2 on most laptops is the standard (or F8) for turing on the wireless function.

Thanks for replying, it is actually FN & F1 and then choose network but gosh how simple would it be to send manual which explains that with laptop! All I have to do now is get wifi up and running at home which I think I can now that I have seen set up of one at work.

Thanks for all the help

Sue

Advertisement