Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink Driving

Options
  • 22-11-2007 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭

Drove out to Tallaght on the Bike at lunch time, filtered up to the top of the queue at the lights. A golf in the left lane creeps up and shouts "How fast is that thing?" Look into the car and there is a women driving, pissed drunk with a can of bulmers in her lap!:eek:

Told her to keep up with me to find out, couldn't get away quick enough from her!

Gives new meaning to "Don't drink and drive, you mught spill your drink!"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

was she hot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

did you call the police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I don't get it. Are you complaining about a drunk driver or bragging about challenging one to a drag race?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Definitely not! Think of Lilo Lil from Bread (if you can remember that!) dragged through a bush backwards! :D

Definitely complaining about the drink, not really bothered about out running cars on the bike.

Didn't get the reg plate so no real point in ringing the Gards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

people like her should be banned from our roads, you should have made it your business to get her reg and report her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

In fairness, you probably did nobody any favours by trying to get her to speed after you. What if there was an accident?

Regardless, the world is full of morons like her. The sad thing is, they'll never believe anything's wrong until they kill or nearly kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

The proper response is to kick her wing mirror off and get behind a wall, shout "What are ya gonna do?! Call the cops?!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

So you broke the speed limit cos she broke the drink limit. :eek: \i suppose if you told the cops the story of how she was so ugly you had to speed away they'd let you off. Unless it was a female gard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

I think the government should have a zero tolerance policy as it's always tempting to have one or two as you'll be under the limit and the start to get cocky thinking **** it I can have 5 or 6 and I'll be grand.

• Advertisement

I don't know which is worse.

The fact that she was driving drunk, or the fact that you were speeding. You're just lucky either of ye didn't cause an accident otherwise this thread would've read, "so, I accidentally caused someone's death earlier ..."

Quick update for you all.

Rang the Gardai in Tallaght earlier on and reported the golf. Unfortunately the Gard said that unless I rang within minutes of seeing this that there is not a lot they can do, especially as I did not get the reg plate. Said that they would have to catch her at the wheel to have any chance of a prosecution.

And as for speeding, limit there is 80 kph. Just because I accelerated off quicker than she did does not mean that I was speeding. Can safely say that I was not as I was turning right at the next set of lights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I think the government should have a zero tolerance policy as it's always tempting to have one or two as you'll be under the limit and the start to get cocky thinking **** it I can have 5 or 6 and I'll be grand.

They can't do that because then people with coughs and colds would be arrested if they'd happened to take any remedies/cough bottles recently ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Don't those say on the label not to operate machinery though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,005 ✭✭✭Wossack

You should have laid your bike real carefully down in front of her car and rolled about on the ground in agony...

cha-ching

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Wossack wrote: »
    You should have laid your bike real carefully down in front of her car and rolled about on the ground in agony...

cha-ching
    So you're advocating lying fraud and deception now Mr Wossack. You make me sick buddy. Give Pighead an ugly pissed chick driving a golf over a liar and a cheat anyday. cha-ching me bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

did you put down your of guinness to reply to her?

dodgyme wrote: »
    Pssst dodgyme, edit your post quickly and make sense of it before the nasty boards fcukers point and laugh at you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dodgyme wrote: »

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you made a mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

You were driving through Tallaght you say,
    that would explain it so.:)

Stupid Cow but maybe she's a better driver drunk than sober.

• Advertisement

Pighead did try to warn you dodgyme. Think its probably best if you hang out in the Nature and Birdwatching Forum for a few months until this whole sorry fiasco blows over. After Hours is a cruel mistress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

I like the kicking in the wing mirror suggestion

Advertisement