Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Rags to Riches Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I smell lots and lots of cheats involved in this, I mean whats to stop me setting up a "scam" that i've pre-ordained with a friend in eve and get like a billion isk from that? How would you know otherwise? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

They wouldn't and to be honest the wording of the rules sounds like they don't care.
    But AFAIK you can't transfer funds out of a trial account without making it a full one so perhaps they're relying on that detering people as it would cost them their GTC just to get the isk back from the trial account.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭gothwalk

Trial accounts are pretty restricted to start. But if a multi-million ISK scam works, and I think it shouldn't, I'll look very closely at the details. Anyone who has set things up well enough to hide it from me and whoever else I can get to have a look at the data can have their prize. Do note, though, that it's entirely possible for someone to do a fake scam like this, get caught, and still get a GTC if they write it up entertainingly enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

farohar wrote: »
    They wouldn't and to be honest the wording of the rules sounds like they don't care.
    But AFAIK you can't transfer funds out of a trial account without making it a full one so perhaps they're relying on that detering people as it would cost them their GTC just to get the isk back from the trial account.

not really. they just have to buy some things for all the isk they have.
    Then trade it to their alt and the alt can sell it and get the isk.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I think CCP have arranged something very evil to stop people transferring money from trial accounts by selling 1 piece of trit for a fortune.

When I first started playing Eve I played one Gallente character, then decided to play a Caldari one. I had the Caldari character offer to sell one piece of trit for something like 341,667 ISK, or something really specific like that. I then bought the piece of trit that was for sale for that amount and it went to some random two day old character.

Even if some clever person saw my sell order and made one of their own, that wouldn't have made my original one vanish.

I'm also fairly sure this happened twice, though I don't really remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i was going to test your theory but my subscription ran out and ive decided to take a break from the game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

noobs the lot of you, dock open trade with character and offer money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

step 1 - buy high priced object
    step 2 - get into gang
    step 3 - warp to ss
    step 4 - jetison
    step 5 -
    step 6 - profit

Advertisement