Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

length of time to be approved for mortgage

Options
  • 22-11-2007 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭

what is the normal length of time it takes to be approved for a mortgage

from the time you sign the application for a mortgage i have heard 2-3 days is this true?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

they turn them around pretty quick allright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

would over 3 weeks be a long time to receive your letter of offer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

It took me 24 hours to get approval in principle, about 10 days to get the actual loan offer and then 3 weeks from the day i told them i was ready to draw down to when they actually gave over the cheque.

thanks bc

i'm waiting over 3 weeks to just get an approval. they don't even bother keeping you up-to-date on it. was originally told i would hear within 2-3 days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Ulster Bank?

• Advertisement

yes ulster bank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

ulster wrote: »
    yes ulster bank

Well thats no surprise. I got a mortgage with AIB. 6 phone calls, thats all i made from start to finish. Think i could have made less if i was not for me forgetting something.

BTW, its not the branches fault. The HM dept is a shambles.

Make one more call to the branch and tell them you wanna make a complaint. Ask for a concern reference number and make sure you get one. Atleast that way it going to make sure someone takes responsibilty for this mess up.

There getting better, just a bit to go. Sorry for you woes.

i got word at last after ringing and ringing......

Advertisement