Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell inspiron 1300

Options
  • 22-11-2007 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭

ive been thinking alot lately of upgrading my laptops operating system and ram.
    i was thinking of xp pro,and many of my friends suggested it,but cnet didnt give it a great review.
    im definetly not getting vista,i dont like it,so i think pro is my only option.
    also would installing ram/easy be cheap,and whats the max amount i could get and rough estimate of costs.
    thanks in advance,

Nerin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Crucial.com have a memory configurator that will tell you how much memory you have and what is the maximum allowed. Be sure to check prices on shop4memory.com as well, probably shouldn't be too bad off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

thanks Ruu that site worked great,looks like i can get 2gig ram,brilliant.
    all thats left is to get xp pro.
    is there much of a difference between Pro and normal xp?
    my housemate has it,but hes french and so is his O.S, i havent used it due to language barriers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

nerin wrote: »
    thanks Ruu that site worked great,looks like i can get 2gig ram,brilliant.
    all thats left is to get xp pro.
    is there much of a difference between Pro and normal xp?
    my housemate has it,but hes french and so is his O.S, i havent used it due to language barriers.

Not much and the things that are different I doubt you'd need. Check here for more details though.

I have to recommend shop4memory as well. Their prices are excellent and I think they do free delivery. Also you can get 4GBs of ram for less than €200. When I upgrade to vista, I'll probably get that.

Advertisement