Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant win!! AAAAAAGH

Options
  • 22-11-2007 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

I find myself not being able to tear myself from the computer or the telle so its 1am or after most nights when im hittin de sack to be up for 6.30 but then i cant get out of the bed.
    Cant get im, cant get out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

3am for me.
    up at 6am usually.

enough pills and it gets easier. ( not the bad pills )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Drink less coffee/tea/sugar drinks. don't eat after 7. read in bed from 10 or 11 for an hour, very relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

God I'm the same way. I usually head to bed at 1am and then up at 6:45am, as I can't tear myself away from the net. Even though I'm not doing anything productive. I just don't want to go to bed as then I'll just be sleeping and not doing anything.

Sad I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Same **** for me, doing nothing just pissing around on the internet. At least I don't have to be up until 9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

eo980 wrote: »
    God I'm the same way. I usually head to bed at 1am and then up at 6:45am, as I can't tear myself away from the net. Even though I'm not doing anything productive. I just don't want to go to bed as then I'll just be sleeping and not doing anything.

Sad I know.

My god, u sound like me, i hate wasting my life sleeping, its like you think your gonna miss somthin, i find myself goin to bed earlier on friday and sat(when im not on the piss) dunno why???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yep same here, up in 7 hours and I'm still on the net... boards + Wiki + youtube = no sleep.

Oh and those videogame thingys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Right, just one more game! I promise! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

have a w*nk..

um.... between 1 and 2 is my time but i have nothing much to get up for right now except to "study" which i don't do coz i just arse around on the internet all day and afternoon instead and look up things maybe a little relating to my course

My god, u sound like me, i hate wasting my life sleeping, its like you think your gonna miss somthin, i find myself goin to bed earlier on friday and sat(when im not on the piss) dunno why???

Oh I know. I hate having to go to bed as like you I feel I'm missing out. I could be doing something even though when I'm up I'm doing nothing!! hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

have a w*nk..

excellent suggestion. +1

• Advertisement

i'm guessing this will help guys sleep.... speaking from a girls perspective.. why not make use of the internet too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

It's 1.15, I'm up at 6.30.

I'm browsing boards, youtube, bash.org and a few gaming websites.

I'm just downloaded (legally) "I still believe" from the Lost boys soundtrack as I recalled it was an awesome song when I was younger. In the film it features a heavily muscled man wearing chains around his oiled chest whilst singing.

And my Xbox is off for repair.

Something has gone seriously wrong with my life plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

I Am as bad, same ****, up at 8ish.

with COD4, Bioshock, kane and lynch, gears of war and HL2 E2 to muddle thru its not easy to sleep

and i have watched 2 seasons of prison break in two weeks as well...:p no spoilers now.

oh before you ask RMC, i got a laptop for my bro, but ,ummm, took it to dublin with me and havent actually gave it to him yet, its the same 7950 job as yours....

legs11 wrote: »
    I Am as bad, same ****, up at 8ish.

with COD4, Bioshock, kane and lynch, gears of war and HL2 E2 to muddle thru its not easy to sleep

and i have watched 2 seasons of prison break in two weeks as well...:p no spoilers now.

oh before you ask RMC, i got a laptop for my bro, but ,ummm, took it to dublin with me and havent actually gave it to him yet, its the same 7950 job as yours....

ah yes, i did that with prison break and greys anatomy, ripped through them very quickly

and now i have shag all to watch :(

I'm currently watching repeat shows on E4, my eyes are stinging me and i know i should go to sleep... but just can't!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

OK OK!! i give up, im off to the scratcher. its now 1.26, this is early 4 me. adios amigos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'm living in Scotland at the moment and my boyfriend is in Ireland. We talk over MSN and he comes on around 11.30pm each night and we talk for ages about the most inane stuff. My bedtime WAS 11.30, now it's 2 or so. Yawn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

Gettin a few beers into me now in the hope I'll fall asleep easier when I finally retire. Only got up today at 12.30, damn lectures being so easy to dodge!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Thankfully I don't have to be at work until 10:30 tomorrow so I can have an extra few zzzz's in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Haven't had a proper nights sleep in years, used to have to regularly skip a nights sleep once a week to keep in a 9-5 schedule, don't do 9-5 anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭Alkers

kowloon wrote: »
    Haven't had a proper nights sleep in years, used to have to regularly skip a nights sleep once a week to keep in a 9-5 schedule, don't do 9-5 anymore.
    What do you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Shift Work

have a w*nk............

A terrible suggestion because you always need to go for a pee afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

I have been doing that for as long as I can remember 4-5 hours kip a night at best, crash out on the weekends and sleep for 12 hours a night, promise to be good on sunday, end up doing the same thing again for the next week. Im now 28, and recently started getting weird detached from reality moments during the day, then panic attacks! Was burning the candle at both ends too much. Since I started going to bed a wee bit earlier and getting 6-7 hours, Im feeling much better. Teh internets will still be there in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm just after discovering the wonderful world of online gaming with COD4 (we only just got broadband into the town) which has only made matters worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Love staying up as late as I can to drag the night out...whats the point
    in going to bed early...work will just come all the quicker!

Except right now I am falling asleep at my desk...doh!

Advertisement