Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the difference between a vostro and an inspiron ?

Options
  • 22-11-2007 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/24609792/m/568000338831

Once upon a time Dell had 3 laptop ranges
    Latitude = Cheap basic
    Inspiron = Professional
    M series = Portable "Workstation Class"

Infact the M series became a repackaged premium price version of SAME HW as some top end Inspirons.

Then they started selling some Inspiron branded models at lesser spec than many Latitudes.

Now they have added Alien Ware and Vostro.

The difference will vary from model to model and day to day. Pick product on basis of price/performance/features you need, not Dell model range name, which seems fairly meaningless, except that the M-Series are still overpriced version of same thing as other models.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

think youve got them backwards watty....

the ranges are (kind of)
    inspiron - home user (colorful, media buttons etc)
    vostro - small business (more business looking)
    latitude - large business (business looking and generally the hardware is certified for network use)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You missed the "Once upon a time" = 2000 to 2002

The point I'm making is that Dell have made the names fairly meaningless.

My nearly 6 year old Inspiron out performs most of the 1 to 3 year old Latitudes in work.

Whatever the various names suggest today, you can be sure it's different in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Vostro's=Black - Inspiron's=Silver.
    Thought I'd keep it simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭caster

majiktripp wrote: »
    Vostro's=Black - Inspiron's=Silver.
    Thought I'd keep it simple.

Yeah, thought that the case was the only difference i.e. hardware was pretty much the same .... :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement