Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony MP3 Players & Mac's

Options
  • 21-11-2007 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Don't suppose anyone out there has managed to use a Sony MP3 player on a mac. I have a sony NW-S706F and normally use a Macbook Pro, but I can't find anything that will let me put music on.

The only solution I've managed to come up with is to borrow my girlfriend's HP laptop and endure Sonic Stage. Does anyone even know of an alternative to Sonic Stage that'll run on Vista and doesn't need an internet connection to install?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

the only way to get the older models to work on mac is to use bootcamp or paralelles, in such cases windows is run on your mac computer.

Taking the example of bootcamp, Windows is installed on a partition on your macbook pro's hard drive, it can then be run as the windows OS when you reboot.

The difference with paralelles is that it runs windows "virtually" on the OSX operating system ie. in a window on your desktop, however it does not preform well when ripping CDs, I have tried, they can take longer than real time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Course all that changes on Leopard! ;) But yeah, agree with Mactard, emulation or bootcamp is the best way for Sony mp3 player with a Mac.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

unless you buy the new Sony S610 series, it's UMS so super mac friendly, badapple anyone :P (haven't tried badapple in a looong time though, none the less UMS is guud)

I think leopard has finally grown on me, despite a myriad of my programmes not being compatible anymore, I know patches will soon be released though, but yeah, I think, I think, I think I like it alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Mactard wrote: »
    I think leopard has finally grown on me, despite a myriad of my programmes not being compatible anymore, I know patches will soon be released though, but yeah, I think, I think, I think I like it alot.

+1 for the bright side! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Thanks for the advice, I think it's easiest to borrow the better half's laptop when I want to change music. It's only for the gym so I won't be swapping stuff on it much.

As for sonic stage, Christ on a bike, it's just horrible:eek:

• Advertisement

it sure is, I've used every version... each time people say the same thing "its gotten better", better doesn't cut it though when it's still a piece of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Any idea how Mac compatible a NWZ-A818 is? I know there is probably no software support but could I just drag and drop my music?

Advertisement