Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flirting. Whats acceptable?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Pighead was lying contentedly on his bed earlier on, cup of hot soup in one hand and copy of The Daily Star in the other thinking "You may not be classy buddy but you're warm and this newspaper is engaging your brain so fcuk the begrudgers"

Anyway came across(ooh er) a story about Cerys Matthews and some other bloke who are apparently all loved up and flirting like crazy in the celebrity jungle thingy. The bloke apparently has a girlfriend at home yet he was kissing Cerys' neck and telling her what fantastic funbags she had etc. Cerys who has just split from her husband is apparently responding to these jungle urgings and things are about to get steamy by all accounts.

Back home the blokes chick is on morning telly defending her man saying its all Cerys' fault and her hubbys like that with everybody!

Now Pighead hasn't seen the programme but if Miss Piggy was in the jungle and some bloke was telling her how fantastic her boobies were whilst kissing her neck he'd get a damn good thrashing and if she had responded to his flirting she'd be relocating to Dumpsville.

Is Pighead just a prude or should flirting be strictly limited to non-touching, non mentioning of rude bits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

then its not flirting its just talking !:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

limited to non touching. and non mentioning of rude bits.
    id go mad if my gf/wife was doing the same.

espically when everyone you know is watching them on live tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Pighead, you are right good sir!

Flirting should definitely not include kissing the other parties neck. If it was my fella, he'd get a serious ass whooping! Flirting is acceptable up to a certain point,but describing how nice her fun bags are is crossing the line!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

No touching, no complimenting breasts. If my boyfriend told some girl he loved her knockers or kissed her neck then I'd be pretty pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The Queen wrote: »
    Pighead, you are right good sir!

Flirting should definitely not include kissing the other parties neck. If it was my fella, he'd get a serious ass whooping! Flirting is acceptable up to a certain point,but describing how nice her fun bags are is crossing the line!
    Thought as much babes. But why do you reckon his chick is defending him to the hilt and pinning all the blame on poor Cerys.

By the way The Queen, if Pighead may be bold enough to say so, you have a fantastic way with words.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    Thought as much babes. But why do you reckon his chick is defending him to the hilt and pinning all the blame on poor Cerys.

Because she wants to save face. No one wants to admit on tv that their boyfriend fancies someone else. Also, she's could just be in denial.

LadyJ wrote: »
    No touching, no complimenting breasts. If my boyfriend told some girl he loved her knockers or kissed her neck then I'd be pretty pissed off.
    What about going out with a girl for a drink, one on one, no kissing no touching but plenty of innuendos and fake laughing at jokes?

She's probably defending him and saying that's what he's always like to stop her friends bitching about him, and to save face!

And why thank you Pighead. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

In that jungle there is bound to be a bit of flirting ,men and wimmin so close togrther and it's al part of the fun, touching is not acceptable unless it's behind the bush .........:D

What about going out with a girl for a drink, one on one, no kissing no touching but plenty of innuendos and fake laughing at jokes?

Well the drinking is fine and it depends how far these innuendos go tbh. Fake laughing is like faking an orgasm. They'll keep giving you the same old sh!t if they think you're enjoying it! He'd only be hurting himself on that one!

• Advertisement

The Queen wrote: »
    And why thank you Pighead. :D
    No problem sugartits. Pigheads just saying what he sees.

I think that's ok so long as it doesn't go any further. But, it also depends on the fella. My boyfriend wouldn't be that friendly with girls that he could justify going out with some girl for a drink, alone. But, on the other hand, a friend of mine has mostly female friends and often goes out for drinks/dinner/cinema with them alone and the girlfriend accepts that because that's what he is like!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

I don't think she's that impressed with his antics:

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/1121/imaceleb.html

What about pity flirting with old people then. Like say theres a 50 something woman who's been separated for years and you're in a bar with her. Is it acceptable to throw her the odd flirtatious line when in your mind your doing it to boost her ego and make her feel good about herself? Some call this pity flirting, some call it leading the old chick on. Suppose its a fine line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The Star keeps your brain engaged? Come on Pighead, you can do better than that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

What about pity flirting with old people then. Like say theres a 50 something woman who's been separated for years and you're in a bar with her. Is it acceptable to throw her the odd flirtatious line when in your mind your doing it to boost her ego and make her feel good about herself? Some call this pity flirting, some call it leading the old chick on. Suppose its a fine line.
    Bit of both i would say, some of those old birds are worth flirting with to lol .....:)

DaveMcG wrote: »
    The Star keeps your brain engaged? Come on Pighead, you can do better than that!!!
    Terry McGeehan is the voice of our generation Dave McG! Check him and his wagging finger out. Pigheads nicknamed him Terry "Take No Shit "McGeehan. Formed this nickname by using a mixture of his name and his amazing ability to take no shit.

And the Sudoku on the puzzles page is unrivalled in its difficulty and layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Pighead was lying contentedly on his bed earlier on, cup of hot soup in one hand and copy of The Daily Star in the other

Top Man for reading The Star.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Top Man for reading The Star.....

Could have been worse he could have been reading The Sun(:mad:).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Pighead was lying contentedly on his bed earlier on, cup of hot soup in one hand and copy of The Daily Star in the other thinking "You may not be classy buddy but you're warm and this newspaper is engaging your brain so fcuk the begrudgers"

Anyway came across(ooh er) a story about Cerys Matthews and some other bloke who are apparently all loved up and flirting like crazy in the celebrity jungle thingy. The bloke apparently has a girlfriend at home yet he was kissing Cerys' neck and telling her what fantastic funbags she had etc. Cerys who has just split from her husband is apparently responding to these jungle urgings and things are about to get steamy by all accounts.

Back home the blokes chick is on morning telly defending her man saying its all Cerys' fault and her hubbys like that with everybody!

Now Pighead hasn't seen the programme but if Miss Piggy was in the jungle and some bloke was telling her how fantastic her boobies were whilst kissing her neck he'd get a damn good thrashing and if she had responded to his flirting she'd be relocating to Dumpsville.

Is Pighead just a prude or should flirting be strictly limited to non-touching, non mentioning of rude bits?
    Bring it on, bitch.
    I was with her all last weekend when you were back home in that kip they call Drogheda.

Pighead cannot reply to this thread, because I banned him earlier today for not voting for me. Ha!

• Advertisement
Advertisement