Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Headsup

Options
  • 21-11-2007 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

How many people here have opened an account with Eircom in the last few years for broadband, telephone, whatever. and have forgotten that there was a €150 deposit involved.

I've just asked for mine back 13 months later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

brianmc wrote: »
    How many people here have opened an account with Eircom in the last few years for broadband, telephone, whatever. and have forgotten that there was a €150 deposit involved.

I never paid a deposit.. or did I?

No, I didn't. I think it's because I pay be direct debit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The only time you need to pay a deposit is if you're a tennant in a rented house and you don't want to pay by DD. Of course this could have been different 13 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

watna wrote: »
    I never paid a deposit.. or did I?

No, I didn't. I think it's because I pay be direct debit!

I pay by direct debit too. I hadn't got a line or any dealings with Eircom prior to this though. It could be worth making a phonecall to 1901.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I pay by direct debit too. I hadn't got a line or any dealings with Eircom prior to this though. It could be worth making a phonecall to 1901.

No, it's grand. i definitely didn't pay a deposit. I know where all my monies have gone! That's funny that you did have to pay one. I'm a tenant and pay by DD too, maybe I sounded more trustworthy then you?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I only remembered when I was moving house and closed my account with them. They took 8 weeks to send on a cheque. I'm pretty sure if I hadn't asked for the deposit back I'd be still waiting...
    So glad I've my own place now and don't need Eircom for BB :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement