Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid direct debit letter

Options
  • 21-11-2007 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got a letter in from AIB informing me that a direct debit payment on my CC failed. It was for 96 euro so I rang in to see what the story is. I normally have the amount owed paid off before it ever comes to the time the DD comes around. I'm just wondering does this impact on your credit history , even if it's a once off?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

yes it does afaik...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lenovoguy

Right I see. Do you know to what extent?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It shouldn't effect you terribly however, one missed payment generally doesn't cause huge problems at a later stage

Phew. It's just I am worried about how it would effect applying for future loans etc. So am i freaking out about nothing?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should be fine, if it's only one and stays that way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Dont worry, one bounched DD for your credit card wont have any effect on your credit history
    If you dont have any payment for the month you will be charged a late payment fee of 3.81 and you may also be charged an unpaid fee of 4.44.

Great thanks!so how do they reclaim the unpaid direct debit. I was told to just make a payment equal to or greater than the amount owed ASAP..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

You just have to make your minimum payment which will be on your statement
    Can do this on Internet banking if you have it

Advertisement