Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to metal shop?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

This is the most relevent forum I could find for this query.

I'm currenty working on a metal working project and need to produce around 7 fairly simple pieces. I'm pretty sure if I was to get someone to do it for me, I'd be charged a small fortune. Is there any facility that anyone knows of, where you could pay someone for access to their workshop for a day on a weekend? I'd need access to the following:

- A welder
    - Drill
    - Vice, saws and files

I'm thinking the liability issues would prevent most people from considering this! Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

The fact that you don't even have your own files makes me wonder about your competence, you're not getting into my garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

I'm competent alright. Just never chose to pursue a career utilising the training I have, took a non "hands on" direction. Therefore, never invested in the tools of the trade. Anyway, nothing a trip to B and Q at the weekend won't solve.

I'm looking at carrying out a once-off project and thought I might as well see if there's an alternative to buying a whole load of kit that I might not have a lot of use for in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Are ya in still in good terms with your metalwork teacher from school!!! What exactly are ya making? I might consider nixers!!
    On a seperate note any chance of gettin a metalcraft forum set up!!

Advertisement