Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick changing banks questions

Options
  • 21-11-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I have an AIB account with a Mastercard CC. I'm thinking of changing to BOI for various reasons, got 2 quetions:

1) If I get a BOI CC, do I have to pay the €40 gov levy twice this year? Obviously I'll be cancelling the AIB one.

2) What's BOI online banking like?

TIA!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, you have to pay the €40.00 on both cards

I have just changed from BOI to Ulster Bank. BOI online Banking is definately much better then Ulster Banks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should get a letter of closure from AIB to pass on to BOI which means you shouldn't end up paying stamp duty twice. Check out http://www.revenue.ie/index.htm?/leaflets/financial.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Great, just what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Anyone got any info on banking 365?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Yeah its good, since the update anyway. Think it has nearly everything other banks offer. Can do international transfers and is key logger proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

If you have any unused cheques in your AIB cheque book when your account is closed send the book back to AIB and get a refund for the stamp duty on the unused cheques.

BTW cross all the unused cheques through so that they cannot be used and hand deliver it to your branch with a covering letter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement