Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAS storage Media center?

Options
  • 21-11-2007 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a NAS based storage media center. Basically I want to store approx 1 tb of data that I can access remotely (outside of house) but that I can also view the media on my TV. I looking for something similar to the Apple TV concept but something that will play all formats avi, xvid, vob files etc.

Using my computer I can add files to the NAS box and view these on my TV using a secondary media box connected to the TV but what do I use

Any suggestions are greatly welcomed

Thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

jasgrif11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a NAS based storage media center. Basically I want to store approx 1 tb of data that I can access remotely (outside of house) but that I can also view the media on my TV. I looking for something similar to the Apple TV concept but something that will play all formats avi, xvid, vob files etc.

Using my computer I can add files to the NAS box and view these on my TV using a secondary media box connected to the TV but what do I use

Any suggestions are greatly welcomed

Thanks
    J

Check this out.
    http://popcornhour.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

I use the buffalo terastation - excellent, super reliable unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

...but do you have anything connected to your TV?

Apple TV is a great concept - but does it still only support limited formats? I don't want the hassle of converting video files!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

lots of info here

http://www.mpcclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=175

i have a Qnap TS-101 best piece of kit i have ever bought

Advertisement